Dysfunctional

Monica

Why do all the good people have to die? I thought to myself as I sat on my living room couch. I had went through so many Kleenex boxes today. The time was six o'clock and I had spent my entire day sobbing and thinking.

The front door opened and King entered. He had bags under his eyes and looked worn out.

"Where the girls?" He asked rubbing his face.

"Morgan offered to keep them for a week. I think it's best. We need a break."

"Mhm." King said putting a duffle bag on the table.

"Baby you look tired. Sit down-"

"No."

I sighed.

"Oh by the way Nick's funeral is in two days."

"Two days? Don't you think that's a little too early. I mean so much is going on right now-"

"Two days. It's not up for discussion Mo." he snapped at me.

I don't see why everyone is getting angry at me. I didn't do anything wrong.

"Okay." I responded and he walked up the stairs slowly.

I debated about following him or not. I made my mind up and proceeded up the steps. When I reached my bedroom I twisted the door knob but it was locked. Locked doors? In my house? Oh no.

"King! Open this damn door." I said wiggling the knob. I could hear him having a conversation on the phone.

"Kingston!" I yelled banging on our bedroom door.

He snatched the door open. "What!"

"Why the hell did you lock the door."

"Privacy."

"Privacy? Really? Did you forget that this was OUR bedroom and OUR house. You don't get much privacy around here."

"Imma' call you back later." He said hanging up his phone.

"Who was that?" I asked curious as to why he had to lock the door in order to talk on the phone.

"Nobody important."

"Let me see." I tried to grab his phone but he pushed me away. It was very unusual. King always lets me see his phone. Now it seems like he's hiding something. I know he wouldn't cheat on me. I know that for a fact.

"What is your problem?"

"You tripping." He jogged down the stairs with his phone still glued to his hands.

"How?" I followed him.

"Why the hell are you following me everywhere I go Mo! Damn. Give me some space."

"Okay." I grabbed my keys and my purse off the counter. "You want space, I'll give it to you!" I simi yelled before walking out the front door.

I don't know what his problem is. I guess Nick's death is still taking a toll on him, and I'm assuming he is still angry about it. But I will not stay in that house with him acting like that.

Since Dorian is probably still upset with me I went to Morgan's house.

I got out my car and locked it up. I jogged up her steps and knocked on the front door.

"Who is it?"

"Me." I plainly spoke.

She opened the door with Miracle in her arms and a apron around her hips.