Man Down

Monica

"Be still Mo." Dorian said and she ran the curler through my hair, curling the ends.

"How long is this gonna' take?"

"Hush. I'm almost done."

She was getting me ready for tonight. I told her that I would try this stripping thing, but only for tonight. I did indeed need the cash.

"All done." She smiled.

I looked in the mirror. "Thanks D."

"Welcome. Now come on. We need to be there before 11 pm."

I placed on a black cover up and grabbed my purse. I followed her to her car. She began to drive. The club was right around the corner. She pulled up to a club called "Wet Dreams" the parking lot was full and you could hear the music all the way outside.

"You ready?" Dori asked as we got out the car.

"No. Seeing all these people made me nervous."

"Don't be." Dori walked up to the bouncer.

"Hey Benny." She said and tried to walk past him.

"Who's your friend?" He asked with an aggressive tone.

"Oh. This is my girl Mo."

"She look underage."

"She is. But she'll be dancing with me tonight."

He looked me up and down. "I don't know about this D."

"Come on Benny. Let us through. You know me."

"Yea, but I don't know her."

Dori slipped him some cash. "Go ahead." He finally let us by.

Dorian grabbed my hand and led me through the packed club. I bumped into some people here and there. D opened a door and it led to a locker room. As soon as we walked in the aroma of sweat filled my nose.

There was a huge fight going on in the middle of the locker room. Money was being thrown around and weave was being pulled out.

"Ladies! Ladies! Come on now girls. We're better than this." Dori said and broke up the fight. "I know y'all not fighting over money. There is plenty to go around. So stop all this."

"You're right D." One of the girls that were involved in the fight said.

"I know I am. Now clean yourself up and let's get this money." Dorian encouraged and all of the girls cheered.

Dori walked back over to me and sat me down in a chair. She began to touch up my makeup.

"Your the youngest one in here?"

"Mhm. That's right. And these girls still respect me." She smiled.

"Showtime ladies. Woah D. Who's this?" A buff guy walked over to where we were.

"This is my girl Monica, she will be dancing with me tonight."

I'm assuming the guy was her boss and that he owned this strip club.

"You know I don't like when you bring new girls in here without my approval."

"I know, I know. But I think she's got a shot."

"We'll see about that. You two are on next." He told us.

I got up from the chair I was sitting in and peeked at the huge crowd that formed in front of the stage. I looked around and there he was. King. Chicago is such a big city and he just so happens to be here, in this club. He was sitting with a older man at the bar. It looked like his dad.