Bundle Of Joy

Monica

"Alright class hand me your essays on your way out the door. If I don't get a paper from you, you will receive a zero." I told all of my students as they rushed out the door.

I was actually happy the day was finally over. It's been almost a week and today was the day I get to bring my daughter home and I'm so excited and nervous at the same time.

On my way to my car I called King but didn't get an answer. I guess he's sleeping.

I arrived at home and parked my car in the driveway. I eagerly ran inside the house only to be pissed off.

There were stacks and stacks of cash on the table and white power spread everywhere. The room was smoky and I could here laughing coming from the living room.

I placed my hand on my hips and pranced into the living room to see King and his friends sitting on the couch watching football.

I cleared my throat. "King. Can I have a word with you please?"

He got up from the couch and followed me into the kitchen.

"Sup baby?"

"Did you forget that we had to bring Miracle home today?"

He scratched the back of his head. "Sort of."

"Come on now King. She isn't even here and you're already messing up. Get this money and drugs out of my house. And your friends need to leave too."

"Damn I can't have any fun."

"Not when you're about to be a daddy." I grinned and went upstairs.

Once King got the house cleaned up we were ready to go. I grabbed a outfit for Miracle to put on and walked outside to the car.

"You ready?"

"Yes." I smiled.

Within minutes we pulled up at the hospital and I jumped out leaving King behind.

"Hurry up King." I told him and walked in the hospital. I walked up to the receptionist desk.

"Hi. Is Miracle Henderson still in the nursery?"

"She sure is. She's being discharged today. Gone on and head up to the sixth floor."

"Okay thank you." I thanked the nice lady and got on the elevator.

"Damn Mo. Slow down." King said getting onto the elevator.

"I'm so excited. I hope she likes me."

"She's a baby. I'm pretty sure she will."

I giggled and once the elevator stopped I ran off and went to the nursery.

There was a nurse in there monitoring the newborns. I knocked gently on the door.

"Can I help you?" She asked.

"I'm here to take my daughter home."

"Name please."

"Miracle Henderson."

The nurse checked the birth certificate to make sure King and I were the parents.

"Baby girl is seven pounds and healthy." She put Miracle into my arms and I damn near started crying. This was my first time ever holding a baby.

King laughed at me. "What are you crying for?"

"She's just so pretty."

"Because I made her." King said and smirked. "Now let me hold her."

"No. Not yet."