[2] Cancer Sticks

Since they left around five, which was usually when happy hour occurred, it took them longer than the usual time to arrive at their destination. What was usually a forty-five minutes ride, turned into an hour and half ride. On their way there, Kendall fell asleep while Zayn was struggling to stay awake himself. He managed to power through it though, because as soon as the city buildings and lights came into view, it's like his sleepiness disappeared into thin air and was instantly replaced with happiness and relief. Even though they were now in the city, it still took them a while to arrive at Zayn's new apartment, approximately an extra fifteen minutes.

They arrived at Zayn's new apartment a few minutes after eight o'clock. It was now pitch dark outside, and the only light there were was coming from the streetlights and the occasional cars that would pass by. Zayn new apartment was in a quite neutral neighborhood; the traffic was not to heavy but there were its occasional times. This was going to be Kendall's and Louis's first time seeing Zayn's new apartment, and he was quite nervous on what their reactions were going to be. Their opinions meant the most to him. They've seen pictures that Zayn has taken of it, but now they were seeing it in person.

Zayn parked Louis truck in the underground parking garage, and Louis parked the moving truck behind his truck in Zayn's second parking spot. Zayn turned off the truck and sighed, rubbing his temples. He was finally at his new place and he was happy, but all he wanted to do now was to go into the apartment and pass out on the bed that came with the apartment. He was exhausted, and he was pretty sure that his other two friends were as well.

Even though he didn't want to, Zayn had to wake up the sleeping girl next to him. Kendall head was leaned against the window, her earphones in her ears playing music that came out muffled to Zayn. Zayn bit his lip. He knew how cranky could be when she is woken up, but he didn't want to leave the girl in the truck all night, where it's bound to get cold because of the temperature outside. He shook his head and manned up, then reached over to gently shake Kendall. When she didn't even budge, he shook her harder, causing her eyebrows to furrow, but she still didn't wake up. Zayn pouted, wondering how she could sleep so heavy. He shook her viciously, causing her to scowl and slap away his hand.

"Unless you're dying, leave me the hell alone," she mumbled, trying to get back comfortable against the door.

Zayn bit back a nervous laugh. "Kendall, we're here," he replied softly. That seem to have caught Kendall's attention because her eyes popped open and she gradually sat up. Her hair was disheveled and Zayn felt bad for wanting to laugh at how distraught she looks.

"Finally," she grumbled, taking off her seat belt. Zayn then took his off as well and grabbed his bag as long with his and Louis keys. He then opened the door and hopped out, closing it behind him. He walked over to the moving truck, and on the side of it was Louis with his eyes closed and a cigarette hanging out of his mouth. Zayn bit his lip, repressing the memories of the cancer sticks.

As if feeling Zayn's stare, Louis opened his eyes to look at Zayn staring at him. He took one long drag of the cigarette then threw it down, stomping on it afterwards. He tried to keep his smoking to a minimum around Zayn, but after a long ass drive he was in a desperate need for one.

Kendall approached the two and crossed her arms, her hair now in a messy bun. "Are we going to go to your apartment first or are we going to go ahead and start bringing stuff up?" She asked.

Zayn bit his lip and responded with, "W-we can go ahead and go up. I'm going to order us some food, I'm starving," Zayn said, grabbing the straps of his backpack and shifting it nervously. The other two nodded their head, but Louis added a scoff to the end.