[18] Gallery of Feelings

Since he got the tickets last minute, Louis, Kendall, or Harry could go with Zayn to the gallery opening. Louis and Kendall had classes Friday, while Harry had to work at the shop late, and he wouldn't arrive home in time. By the time he would've arrived home, the opening would've been over.

So the last person Zayn had was Justin. He was nervous to call the older man to go with him, but he didn't want to experience this on his own.

When Zayn got home Thursday night, that's when he called Justin. The phone rang for a few seconds, and Zayn bit his lip. His hope started to crush when the dial tone went on longer, but when he heard the voice of Justin, it caught him off guard.

"Hello?" Justin asks, voice deep and raspy.

"U-um hello Justin," Zayn greeted the teacher. He looked up at his clock on the kitchen counter and saw that it was only nine pm. Was the man sleep? "A-Am I disturbing y-your sleep?" He asked nervously.

Zayn heard shuffling on the other line, and he heard Justin curse. "No no no no no, Zayn, I was just grading papers on my bed," Justin said. Zayn was a little weary as to if that was the truth, but he let it go. "What is it?" Justin asked.

Zayn decided to address another question before he asked Justin the one he really wanted to. "Were you the person that recommended the principal to tell one of the sponsors to come?"

Zayn swore he could hear Justin smile through the phone. "That was me indeed. Why? What happened?"

"Um- I met one of my i-idols, Niall Horan." Zayn found himself getting excited over again but tried his best to simmer it down. "H-he gave me tickets to the opening of his g-gallery tomorrow night."

Zayn paused for the man to catch up. "Really? That's cool," Justin responded, genuinely happy for Zayn. If anybody deserve it, it was him.

Before Zayn could back out, he rushed out, "And I was wondering if you wanted to go with me?"

It was quiet on the other line, and then Zayn heard Justin's deep chuckle. "What? Wanna repeat that, Zee?"

Zayn groaned hearing the nickname that Justin came up with him. "Don't make me regret asking this," he mumbled, causing Justin to laugh. When Justin calmed down, Zayn asked again. "I was wondering if you would like to go with me?"

Justin was quiet on the other line for a moment, and Zayn heart dropped. I should've known he would have wanted to go with me, Zayn told himself bitterly. Why would he want to come with me?

But those negatives thoughts quickly went away when Justin said, "I would love to. I think I deserve to for putting in a good recommendation," Justin teased.

Zayn was excited all over again; his spirits picked up. "Great! I-I'll give you the ticket tomorrow."

"Alright, alright. I can't wait to go with you tomorrow, Zee." Zayn groaned, and Justin let out a chuckle. "Have a good night."

"Goodnight to you too," Zayn replied, hitting the end call button on his phone. He couldn't help but bite his lip, trying his best to suppress the broad smile and butterflies in his stomach.

-

It seemed like Friday couldn't go by any slower for Zayn.

Since he got the tickets the day before, it seemed like time since then decided to slow down. He was so excited that he could barely stop himself from going to the gallery early.

Zayn arrived at the school at his usual time, in an impatient yet excited mood. He was impatient because he wanted so bad to go to the gallery right now, and he was excited that he was getting to go and that he was experiencing it with Justin.