[10] Monsters

Zayn watched as students started to step inside of his classroom, communicating while going to their seats. It was now the last period of Zayn's day, also known as by Zayn, his worse period.

After his little run in with Justin, he picked up the papers from the teacher's lounge, heading back to his classroom right afterwards. There he spent time stapling the guides, setting each one to the side of his desk. He finished stapling them a few minutes before the bell rang, giving him time to put the packets inside of his desk.

Zayn was surprised to see that the student who was late yesterday, be on time for class today. The guy kept his head ducked, heading towards the seat that he sat in the previous day. Some students watched as he passed by, but once he made eye contact with them and sent them an ice cold glare, most looked away. Most students were afraid of him.

When the bell rung, Zayn went over and shut the door, heading towards his desk afterwards. He grabbed his clipboard off of the desk, taking the roll. He didn't even bother to tell them to be quiet, hoping they would once he started calling names.

His wish was granted, because as he started calling out student's name, they started to settle down and were quiet. Zayn called the attendance slowly, trying to match the students face with their names. He was slowly learning their names, and he felt quite proud about that. He also learned that the student that came in and sat in the back name was Dimitrius. Since he didn't know that yesterday, seeing as he came in late and that there were multiple students absent, it was his first time matching the two together.

He had a feeling it wasn't going to take him long to learn his face and name.

After he called the attendance, he sat the clipboard back down, turning back around and crossing his arms. "Uh, good afternoon class," he started. Nobody responded, causing him to let out an awkward cough and continued. "W-well uh, tomorrow you guys are going to be tie dying, so if there's anything you guys would like to tie dye, as long as it's school appropriate you can." Students hummed in response, and Zayn let out a little smile. "But today you guys are going to be drawing a picture that describes yourself and your life." He left out the joke that he said to his earlier class, for the fact that this class is filled with seniors and he knew that they wouldn't waste a second in calling him out. He didn't feel like being embarrassed right now.  "Do the best you guys can, it should be an easy grade." Students let out a yes sir, and Zayn nodded his head.

He grabbed the paper off of his desk and passed them out, sitting six on each table. When he got to Jericho's table, the student let out a small smile, which Zayn returned. Walking back to his desk, he heard students start back talking, causing him to let out a sigh. He knew that it wasn't no use to tell them to focus on their work, knowing that they'd still find some other way to talk.

He sat the paper down, sitting down in his chair after that. He placed his elbow on his desk, putting the side of his head in his hands. He observed as students started to get to work, reaching over to the colored pencils, talking, drawing on their paper.

Getting bored from watching, Zayn reached to his bottom desk drawer, opening it, pulling out his personal sketchbook and pencils. Closing the drawer, Zayn placed the two items on his desk. He flipped open the sketchbook, flipping through the pages to the next blank one. Most of the pages were already filled, seeing as when he was alone and bored he'd spend time drawing in the page. Most of them were filled with his favorite cartoons, how he was feeling at that moment, and different parts of his life.

Drawing was an away that Zayn could pour out his emotions. He'd just let his feelings flow out during his drawing, sketching whatever that his hands would allow him to. He didn't always have a set idea of what to draw, he'd just flip open a page and get to work.