[6] First Day

Zayn reached over to his night stand and grabbed his phone, turning off the alarm. He sat the device back down on his night stand, letting out a long sigh. He sat up from his bed, rested there for a moment, then got up. He then walked towards the bathroom, and once he entered he turned on the lights. He winced as his feet came in contact with the marble floor, and he immediately regretted the decision of not putting on his slippers. Since he didn't take a shower the previous night, he went over to the shower and turned it on, and once he got in to the temperature he desired, he stepped inside.

Today is Monday, also the first day of Zayn's new job. He had sat his alarm to wake him up at six-thirty so he could have some extra time to get ready. After he shampooed and conditioned his hair, he grabbed his bright blue towel and strawberry soap, rubbed the two together, then started scrubbing his body. Once the suds were spread all over his small frame, he stepped fully under the water, allowing it to wash away the soap. He stayed under the water for a few more minutes before deciding to get out. Zayn turned off the water, grabbed his superman towel, wrapped it around his waist, and got out of the shower.

Before he put on his clothes, he went over to the counter. He grabbed his toothbrush, put some water on it, applied his mint flavored tooth paste, put some more water on it, and brushed his teeth. After he did that, he spat out the toothpaste suds, washed his mouth with water, and grabbed his Listerine mouthwash. He put some in his mouth, gargled it, then spit out out, wiping his mouth afterwards. Following that, he grabbed another face towel, soaked it in water, and washed his face. He sat it down, turned off the sink, and went into his walk in closet.

Zayn decided to wear something simple, not wanting to wear something too formal on his first day of the job. He went over to the shirt side of his closet and picked out a white dress shirt. He later went over to his pants and grabbed his black slacks, and after that he got his pair of dress shoes. He turned off the light to the closet and walked out of it. He then walked out of the bathroom, leaving the lights on.

Zayn sat his clothes on his bed, then walked over to his dresser. He opened one drawer and puled out a white t-shirt, then he opened another one, pulling out a pair of black socks, putting them on. He went back to his bed afterwards and started getting dressed, starting off with his slacks. After he slipped on his pants, he pulled the white t-shirt that he pulled out of his dresser over his head. He later grabbed the dress shirt and put it on. He buttoned up the buttons, and after he did that, he tucked the shirts inside of his slacks. He also slid his pair of shoes on.

Remembering that he forgot something, he rushed back inside of the bathroom, into his walk-in closet, turned the lights on, and grabbed a belt that was sitting in one of the shelves in the closet. He put the belts in the loops of his pants, tightening the hold it had on his waist. He walked back out of the closet, turned the lights off, then went over to his counter. He grabbed his signature cologne, and sprayed it over his body, but not too much. He then grabbed his hair product, put some on his hands, then ran his fingers through his hair, spreading the product around. His hair now styled, he washed his hands to remove the product that was remaining on it, then walked out of the bathroom, now turning the lights off behind him.

He went over to his dresser and took his phone off the charger, checking the time. It was 6:55. He stuck his phone inside of his pocket, grabbed his work bag that sat on his dresser, and walked out of the bedroom. It was like a climate change, going from Zayn's cold room, which he preferred at night, to a warm room. Zayn went into his kitchen and grabbed the Macbook that sat on the island, and stuck it inside of his bag, along with all of the other stuff that he packed the previous night. He went over to his refrigerator and grabbed his already packed lunch, closing the door after him. He started walking to the exit, but not before he grabbed his keys. After he got them, he exited the apartment, locking the door behind him, then walked towards the elevator. He pressed the button, and a few minutes later, the elevator opened. Zayn stepped inside, pressed the garage button, and after a few seconds the door closed. Zayn leaned on the rail, waiting for the elevator to reach the floor.