[30] Breaking Point

It's been a few weeks since New Years Day and since Justin and Zayn arrived back home. Yaser had taken them to the airport, where they later boarded a flight back to their home. When they arrived, they decided to stay over Justin house for the remainder of their break, which was the rest of that week. During the week, they bonded, went on dates, opened presents with Maisie, and spent family time together. After that week had ended, Zayn went back home, and thus resumed their normal lives.

And since that week, things have been getting stressful. Work has been taking a major toll on the both of him. Since it was approaching the end of the school year, and students, especially seniors, have been trying to get their grade up, Justin and Zayn barely found the chance to be with each other. They were trying to help their students as much as they can, doing more projects, assignments, and test. This resulted in them spending more time finding things for their classes to do, grading, and spending time by themselves. They couldn't find the time to go to each other's room because they needed all the time that they could get grading and helping students. On top of that, Zayn has been busy working and going to the gallery every few weeks. Soon after he had got back home, he called up Niall and told him that he would accept the position. Immediately after that call, Niall told him to come in, and once he did Niall showed him to where he would be working at, which was a nice office on the top floor. Zayn job was to review certain contracts, painters, and artwork that he believed was worthy to be at the gallery. Because of that, Zayn would also spend time working on that stuff, which would take away from his teaching and grading, and that puts more stress on his plate.

And another thing, Dimitrius, and Jericho have been quite... confusing lately. Zayn knew the two had feelings for each other, but the refused to admit it, so he was trying to help them out as well.

Since all of this was going on, they've only been together a handful of times. There were the occasional facetiming and texting, but usually, during these time they both were busy grading, so they wouldn't talk or respond to each other much. Moral of the story, they were slowly drifting away, but missing each other terribly.

So imagine Justin's surprise when Zayn walked inside of his classroom, looking strikingly handsome as always. Zayn dressed more casual today; wearing a plain red shirt with a leather jacket over it, blue jeans, and he had his hair that Justin noticed was longer in a man bun.

Zayn closed the door behind himself softly; then he went over to Justin who was just staring at him in shock. Zayn smiled, but it slowly went away after he noticed how stressed the man looked. No doubt he didn't look any better, but Justin looks like he hasn't slept in days. He then noticed the large stacks of paper littering his desk.

"Hey," Zayn spoke softly as he approached Justin's desk.

"Hi," Justin sighed, rubbing his temple and taking off the glasses Zayn just now noticed he was wearing. He sometimes knew when Justin started to get a headache he would put them on. "What are you doing here?" Justin mumbles though that's where he wanted Zayn to be the most. There with him.

Zayn found his mood deflating as he sat down on the side of the desk. He would've thought that Justin would've been more excited to see him.

Zayn looked down at his feet, shifting them nervously. "I missed you," Zayn admitted, mumbling shyly. "W-we haven't been spending a lot of time together lately because of work, and I miss you because of it. I hope it's not making us drift away." I love you, and I don't want us to drift away.

Justin looked up at his boyfriend, and his eyes softened as he seen the tiredness, sadness, and hopelessness on Zayn's face. He would be lying if he'd say that he didn't think it was affecting Zayn as much as it affected him, but it seems like it affected him worse.