[23] Angel In Disguise

One Week Later

Zayn and Dimitrius entered the local park, walking side by side as they passed the people that were leaving. Earlier during the week, they made plans to go out once they were free, and now that the two had time on their hands they finally got to. Zayn was putting in an effort to help Dimitrius change, and once Dimitrius noticed this, he decided to put in an effort as well. Zayn and Dimitrius have noticed a little change, though. During the past week, Dimitrius only managed to get two detentions (which was a step up from his usual few detentions a week), and he actually attended all of his classes this week. The changes were small, but it was an improvement.

The two walked around the park, enjoying the scenery as they talked about random things. Zayn asked Dimitrius about how he's been doing in his other class, how his grades were looking, how his art coming along. Speaking of Dimitrius art, whenever Dimitrius would come into Zayn's classroom, that was one of the main things they worked on. Zayn basically became Dimitrius mentor, teacher, and art instructor. Zayn helped DImitrius improved on certain things that he wanted to, and as thankful as he was to the man about it he never showed it. Not that Zayn expected him to, but he still would like it if he did.

Zayn was making an impact on Dimitrius life, and he is glad he was.

Eventually, their conversation drifted off to Jericho. Zayn also noticed that two were closer than they were before. Usually, Dimitrius would send Jericho dark looks, terrifying the boy greatly, but lately, whenever Jericho comes around, they would greet each other, sit around each other, basically a vast improvement than how they used to be.

"We're okay," Dimitrius mumbled, not going into details. When Zayn looked at Dimitrius, he saw a certain glint in his eyes, something that he couldn't put his finger on. He couldn't tell if it was a good or bad thing, but he decided not to bug about it.

As they continued walking, Dimitrius on his phone while Zayn had his arms crossed, Zayn noticed a figure sitting under a tree. As they gotten closer, Zayn saw who it was and let out a small smile. He then tapped on Dimitrius shoulder, who looked down at his shorter teacher with a look mixed with annoyance and confusion.

"What is it?" Dimitrius grumbled, locking his device as they came to a stop.

"Look over there," Zayn pointed towards the direction of the tree. Confused, Dimitrius looked over to tree. He was annoyed at first cause he couldn't make out who it was, but once he noticed who it was, his eyes widened, and he looked over at Zayn with annoyance, confusion, and a hint of happiness.

"Did you plan this?" Dimitrius asked his teacher. Zayn wanted to let out a small giggle. He did do it. He knew that Jericho came to the park on certain days at a particular time, and that's why he wanted to go there. He wanted Dimitrius and Jericho to grow closer because he believed that if they were closer, things could blossom into a beautiful friendship or more.

"Maybe, maybe not," Zayn admitted. Dimitrius let out a huff, but a small smile etched his face. "Go over there and talk to him. I'll be around."

Dimitrius raised an eyebrow but nonetheless made his way over to Jericho who was balls deep into his own little world. Zayn rolled his eyes before making his way away from the two teenagers.

-

Zayn started strolling around the park, admiring everything as he walked passed it. The families having picnics and family time, the couples who seem to keep their hands off of each other, the children playing in the park, the scenery and more. Zayn had a perfect picture painted on his mind, and he wanted nothing more but a sketch pad or canvas in front of so he could paint it.

Zayn found himself at the pond towards the back of the park. He crossed his arms, admiring the surprisingly clear water. He could see animals swimming through it, and once again, Zayn had another picture in his mind that he wished he could paint. He found nature incredibly beautiful, and one of his favorite things to draw or paint. He settled the urge to ask Jericho for his supplies since Jericho and Dimitirus were most likely talking.