[31] Abandoned

"Dear heavenly Father, we are here today for the saddening loss of one of your angels and beloved of many, Patricia Mallette Bieber. "

The church, where the funeral is being held in, is filled with silence and silent sobs of loved ones as the preacher begins to speak about Pattie. The white church has been beautifully decorated with Pattie's favorite flowers - Hydrangea - which were littered everywhere in honor of her even for such a heartbreaking event. In the middle of the church is Pattie's open casket, revealing her body covered in a purple dress, which is her favorite color. Beside her casket is a picture of her bright smile since she was once a very happy woman. Beside that is a collage of her and her friends and family but the main thing that stands out is a picture of her and Justin from when he was younger. Their hands are clasped together as they both smile into the camera.

The funeral is decorated to the core in honor of a beautiful soul.

Since Pattie was once known very well in the community she lived at as a beautiful person; the funeral held many people who all were grieving over such a person lost. She was known as the bright soul who welcomed everyone and anything, and that's what the community loved to about her. She was what the community needed, but now she was gone. Everybody had to come and pay their respect.

Sitting in the pew to the right of the casket was Jeremy Bieber, who seemed lost in his thoughts as he zoned out what the preacher was saying. There were some that focused on him, but mainly everybody else attention was towards someone else.

Justin.

Justin sat on the pew opposite to where Jeremy was sitting, his facial expression completely blank and unreadable. Zayn sat beside him, mostly watching his boyfriend, who was as still as a statue. Everybody knew that because his and Jeremy strained terms that Justin hasn't seen his mother in a while, so they could only imagine the thoughts that were coursing through his mind. Those closest to Pattie knew what was going on, and they went to the police numerous of times, but the police always responded to it by saying they didn't have any evidence. Her friends found that sickening and ballistic. The only proof that was needed was the fact that Jeremy was isolating her from her friends and family to prove that he was a controlling asshole who didn't allow his wife to have a life. Justin didn't know this, but the police went to and scoped out his parent's house numerous of times to see what was going on. At the end of the day, they would always come out with nothing suspicious was going on. There was no signs of abuse, or control coming from Jeremy.

They knew that Pattie was scared to stand up to her once loving husband because if things didn't go her way, she knew that he would do something to her. So every time that they bring up that she should go to the police, she always dismissed it. That was the main reason why Jeremy stopped allowing her to see her friends. She always said there was a slim chance that they would believe her, and once Jeremy found out that they were trying to make her do that, he cut them off.

Everything was against Pattie it seems.

Zayn usually could read Justin as clear as day, but it seemed like Justin shut down completely. Even when Zayn placed a hand on Justin's leg, the man didn't react. He just stared at the preacher and Zayn along with everybody knew he wasn't paying attention to what the man was saying.

Zayn just wished that he could see inside of his man mind to see what he was thinking. Zayn wanted to help Justin. He knew this was going to be a rough patch in the road for him, especially with the other things going on in his life, and he just wanted Justin to know that he was there for him. He wanted to shower Justin in his love and affection so that the man knew that he had somebody there for him. He didn't want Justin to think that he was alone at this time because he wasn't. Even though Zayn couldn't relate to how Justin was feeling, Zayn wanted Justin to know that everything will be okay in time. With that thought in mind, Zayn squeezed Justin's knee, getting the slightest twitch from the man, and Zayn sent him a smile even though he couldn't see it before turning back to the preacher, who was allowing the first person to come and pay tribute to Pattie. He wondered if Justin was going to speak.