Chapter 1: Inhuman

*nine years later*

Sky's POV

"Don't do this! Please!" the boy yelled as I held my knife at his throat.

"I have no mercy. One more word and you're dead," I whispered in his ear. Dad wanted me to bring him in as a prisoner. But he doesn't know that. There's something special about him that Dad won't tell me about. Like, we had to kill his entire village.

He's that special.

"What's your name?" I hissed.

"Ty," he whimpered, trying to get away from me. I just tightened my grip.

"Sky!" Dad's voice called from the hills. "Do you have the boy?"

"Yes," I called back. I tied a rope around the boy's wrists. "C'mon," I said, grabbing the rope and dragging the boy. "Let's go." I closed my eyes, and we teleported to Dad.

"Ah, perfect," my dad breathed when he saw the boy. "Not so strong now, are you, little Ender boy?"

Oh. So that's why my dad wanted him. He's half Ender, half human, from the looks of it.

"Don't touch me," the boy growled, jerking away from Dad. I finally got the chance to look at him more closely. He had long, dark brown hair that fell into his glowing green eyes, a sure sign he was half-Ender. He wore a white t-shirt, gray pants, and black and green headphones. With the mix of Ender and human features, he looked so... inhuman. But then again, so was I...

"I can do whatever I want," Dad said. "You're under my control now. Sky!" he said, turning to me.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Bring him home," Herobrine said.

I nodded, grabbed the boy and I teleported to my room in my dad's underground mansion.

"What's gonna happen to me?" the Ender boy asked. He sounded a lot more scared than he had a moment ago. "And who are you?"

I shrugged. "Depends. And I'm Dad's helper. One day, I'm gonna be just like him."

The Ender boy grimaced. "You wanna be like your dad? If your dad's who I think he is, then you're in for a whole lot of trouble."

I shook my head. Dad always told me that I would be just as good as him, and I would take back what rightfully belonged to me, one city at a time. It was what I was born to do.

I punched the Ender boy in the head, and he was knocked out cold. There. Much better.

Dad said no teleporting in the house, but he's not here, so...

When I opened my eyes again, I was standing in one of the holding cells for the prisoners. I untied the Ender boy and dumped him in the middle of the cell.

I was excited to see what this new boy could do. And maybe, if I was lucky, Dad would let me have my own servant for the first time.

Ty's POV

Okay, what just happened?

I slowly opened my eyes to see a ceiling of stone above me. Where am I?

I stood up shakily - my legs hurt, badly - and looked around the room. There was a bed, and there was an iron door blocking my exit and iron bars, looking out onto a hallway, and stone everywhere else. I was alone, standing in a 7x7 room, with no way out.

I squeezed my eyes shut as a wave of pain runs through my head. What did that boy do to me?

I'm gonna get out of this place. Sooner or later.

Fully awake, my hands began to extend into claws. Fangs popped out of my mouth. Huge Ender Dragon wings grew out of my back. And slowly, I felt my Ender strength returning.

Nothing can stop me as an Ender. We're the most powerful creatures in the universe.

I punched the iron door with my fist. It smashed apart, maybe a bit too loud for my liking. Oops.

I walked out into the hallway. Left and right, there were more prison cells, but they were all empty.

I decided to go left first. Dead end. I walked to the right, and sure enough, there was an iron door, with a security code. Pshh, security codes. Who needs those when you can punch doors apart with your bare hands?

The door broke, and I walked on through. I froze when I got to the other side.

Lasers everywhere. Why can't this be easy?

I dodged the moving lasers, and didn't get hit once. I got the feeling that if I touched one of those lasers, I would be burnt to a crisp. And I wasn't willing to find out if that was true.

When I punched open the second door, I came face-to-face with the last person I wanted to see.

Herobrine. And his little helper, the boy who'd dragged me here.

"You didn't think it would be that easy, did you?" Herobrine smirked. I swear, I could punch that smirk right off his ugly face...

I balled my hands up into fists at my sides and snarled at him. I was ready to throw a punch when suddenly, two things happened.

One, I was expecting. Herobrine teleported across the room. What a freaking coward.

And two, the boy teleported in front of me and grabbed my fist in his, stopping me mid-punch. "You probably shouldn't have done that," he said with a smirk on his face. (A/N: who got that reference?)

Before I knew what was happening, everything went black - again.

Sky's POV

I stood over the Ender boy, who I had just punched in the head - again. He was unconscious.

"Good, Sky," Dad said, walking across the room to me. He embraced me in a hug as we stared down at the unconscious, unmoving form of the Ender boy I had just knocked out - all on my own.

"What are we going to do with him, Dad?" I asked.

He smiled - an evil smile that sent a chill up my spine. "His super strength and super speed; it's far greater than any other creature - we're gonna give those abilites of his all to you."

I gasped. Not only would I be able to teleport, fly, shapeshift, go invisible, and read minds, I'd also have even greater speed and strength than before. Oh, Notch - oops, shouldn't have said that, Dad would murder me - this is amazing!

"What are we waiting for?" I asked excitedly. "Let's go, let's go!"

"That's my son." Dad rubbed my head, messing my hair up even more. He picked the Ender boy up as if he weighed nothing at all, and we teleported to the operating room.

I took my place, laying down on the cool, comfortable bed, and waited as Dad attatched the wires to me. I was so used to this already that I didn't mind. Dad set the Ender boy on the cold metal table and put the wires into him too, then went over to the machines. I still didn't understand what they all said.

This might take a while. So I closed my eyes, and soon enough, I was asleep.
_____________________
*dream*

For a moment, I floated in that space between the land of dreams and the empty void. Then all of a sudden, my world shifted. I was watching, drifting as a ghost, as a town celebrated and cheered below me, gathered around three people. I flew down to see what was going on.

"Happy birthday, Adam!" someone shouted, lifting a baby me up in her arms. Is that... my mom? But Dad always told me that Mom died...

The little me squealed and clapped for joy, and the people cheered again.

A man leaned down so that he was even with my face. He held a black box in his hands. Who the heck was he?

"Happy birthday, little buddy," he said, opening the box. Inside was a very familiar golden amulet.

My hand flew to my neck, to the glittering gold that rested there. My amulet.

"You must be so proud of your son!" a man shouted.

I frowned. My dad's name is Herobrine. My mom is dead. This guy isn't my dad.

What is going on?

The scene shifts again. A little boy who looks like he's my age is alone, running through a dark forest as the sun begins to set. Even I know that's a bad idea. But mobs ignore me at night because I'm the son of Herobrine. This boy, however, is gonna get homself killed.

"Kermit!" he calls out. "Kermit!"

A head pops out of the water, and even I jump back, even though I know they can't see me. "What, Jason? I was about to fall asleep," the head asks.

"Ty's whole village is gone," the first boy says. I can tell he's been crying. "We gotta go find him."

The head rises out of the water, followed by a body. A mutant. A frog mutant. Huh, I've never seen that before.

"Where'd he go?" the frog mutant asks.

"Who's the enemy of the Enders?" the human boy asks, looking at the mutant as if he expects an answer.

The mutant thinks for a moment, then his eyes widen. "Oh. We are not going after him."

"Let's see how far we get. Then we'll call for help," the human says.

"But we could get killed!" the mutant protests.

"Just for a quick look? Please?" the human asks.

The mutant sighs. "Fine. How did I even become friends with you?"

The human shrugs. "Don't know. C'mon!" He grabs the mutant's arm, and they run towards the rising moon. And I have a pretty good idea of where they're going.

*end of dream*

__________________________

I slowly opened my eyes, and Dad was running around frantically, fixing wires and keeping the Ender boy still. He kept thrashing on the table.

Dad sighed and turned to me. "Guess we can't finish this today," he muttered. "The machine is malfunctioning, and he won't stay still."

"It's fine, I can wait," I said, sliding off the bed.

I teleported to my own room and flopped out on the bed. What ability had I gotten? Dad hadn't told me...

I sprinted as quickly as I could down to the training hall. No difference there.

Then I grabbed my diamond sword, which hung in its place on the wall. I swung it at the training dummies that were stacked against the wall. One of them exploded.

Oh. I got the super strength.

Awesome!

Nyxus, one of Dad's servants, came into the training room. "Young Sky. Do you want to train?"

"Yeah! I got super strength from the Ender boy!" I exclaimed excitedly.

"That's nice," Nyxus said.

Nyxus is one of Dad's servants. He's huge, about four blocks tall, wears a black sorcerer robe, and he always wears a hood to cover his face. All I know about him is that he's a dark magic sorcerer, the most powerful one of all. But no one's more powerful than Dad. And he's a lot nicer than Dad - to me, anyways.

I held my diamond sword in a "ready" position. Nyxus summoned a ball of black fire, and it just floated there, above his hand.

"Let's go all out," Nyxus said. "Remember, I can revive the dead. I am the Lord of the Dead, while your father is Lord of the Living. If I kill you, I'll revive you, don't worry. And if you kill me - which I doubt you will - I can also revive myself."

He must've seen the fear in my eyes, because he smiled. "Don't worry, young Sky. Your dad will be here. See?" He snapped his fingers, and a few seconds later Dad appeared next to me.

"It's okay, son," Dad said. "I want you to learn your new powers. And this is one good way to do it."

I nodded slowly, then turned to face Nyxus again.

"Three."

"Two."

"One."

"Begin!" Dad's voice rang loud and clear through the room.

I charged at Nyxus, ready to stab him in the chest. He just laughed and threw a ball of black fire at me. I teleported away, then turned invisible. Unfortunately, I knew Nyxus could still see me, so he kept shooting at me, and I had to keep teleporting around.

"Playing the running game, now are ya?" Nyxus laughed. "Why don't you try your new abilities? Stand and fight!"

He was right. I wasn't gonna get anywhere if I kept running. I became visible again.

I concentrated on Nyxus's thoughts, to try to see what he was doing. They were a jumble of words from the language of magic, no doubt an arsenal of spells to kill me. Fudge.

I stood still for too long. A ball of black fire flew towards me, and I had no time to dodge it.

My world went black.

When I opened my eyes again, Nyxus's hands were on my chest, and he was smirking. "Is that the best you can do?"

I gritted my teeth and stood up. "Again."

"Whatever," Nyxus shrugged.

I was killed again.

And again.

And again.

But each time, I was brought back to life.

Thank goodness Nyxus is on our side.

__________________________

I'm sorry that was such a bad chapter! I'm having a bad case of writer's block *smashes laptop and phone* but seriously, I can't think of anything to write. So I may start random stories...

So yeah, that's it.

Bye!

~Anna