Chapter 33: The Near Future

Lilly's POV

"Wake up, Lilly!"

Someone's shaking me by the shoulder.

"Mom, I'm tired, go away," I yawn, rolling over.

"Today is coronation day, honey," my mom calls over her shoulder as she leaves my room. "Make sure you're ready by noon!"

Coronation day?

What?

And I thought my mom was...

This is just weird.

I get out of bed and stumble over to the mirror. I seem... older. Like, a few years older.

Suddenly, the world starts spinning, and I hold onto the wall to steady myself.

When my vision is clear again, I'm sitting on my mother's throne, wearing the Queen's Crown. Everyone's cheering and clapping.

Someone is sitting on the king's throne next to me, but I can't see who it is. His face is darkened and turned away from me, making it impossible to catch a glimpse of who it is.

Then the world goes blurry again, and I close my eyes.

The ballroom is chaos. Monsters everywhere, people in fancy suits and dresses running around and screaming, the paintings torn and burned.

People are dying left and right, and I can't do anything to stop it.

"Kill the Queen!" someone screams, and the crowd runs at me.

I summon a lava sword and get to work, swinging at anyone who gets in my way.

I have to find the King. I want to know who he would be, if I ever became Queen.

I sprint through the familiar hallways up to the third floor, where the bedrooms are.

As I run, my mind begins to wander. What sort of sick, twisted nightmare could this be? I never wanted to be a Princess, much less a Queen.

I push the King's bedroom door open, and I see someone sprawled out on the ground, dead.

But I still can't see who it is. Why doesn't this stupid dream, vision, whatever it is - let me see what's going to happen?

There's a bow and a golden dogtag necklace on the ground next to him.

I hear screams outside, and I run to the window to see what's happening.

Just like in here, it's absolute chaos. It's like a scene out of a horror movie.

A fallen kingdom, one that I ruled.

And now, I can't do anything to save it.

"Lilly... We have to go," a familiar vouce says. I turn around to see a furry bacca with a familiar diamond axe in his hands, and he's covered in blood and his suit is torn.

"What if I don't want to?" I reply, my voice calm. But inside, I'm shaking.

Not only did I let my kingdom down, but the boy I loved is dead.

There's nothing left here anymore, only death and destruction.

I climb up on the windowsill, lean forward a bit, gather my courage, and jump.

Everything fades away, leaving me to wonder what the heck just happened.

Ty's POV

I'm laying on the ground, staring up at the black sky.