Chapter 2: Escaping Herobrine

A/N: Remember, Sky, Ty, and all their friends are only ten years old in this beginning part! I decided to add this in becase it will be an important part of the story later on. The real story will start next chapter.

Jason's POV

I stared at my hands.

No, no, no, not again...

Thank goodness Kermit was being slow and was still gathering his weapons and armor.

You take off the suit for one moment and this is what happens. Get it under control, Jason!

The grass around me turned black, shriveled up, and died. So did the tree I was leaning on.

I put my head in my hands and sighed. Being born with the curse of the Wither is not an easy thing.

Why, of all people, did this happen to me?

I quickly slid the suit on again and pulled the metal gloves over my black, withered hands when I heard Kermit crashing through the trees. I can't let anyone find out about my curse. Especially Kermit.

"Hey, Jason! Ready to go?" Kermit said, much too cheerily for my taste.

"I have no idea where the heck we're gonna start, but let's just go," I said, walking in a random direction.

"Why is the ground all dry and black?" Kermit asked, pointing to the spot where I had just been standing.

Notch dang it, I silently swore. "Dunno." Thank goodness the ground doesn't wither everywhere I step.

"Whatever," Kermit shrugged and ran to catch up to me.

We'd been wandering aimlessly for a while now; it was about three hours to sunrise already. If we wanted to find Ty, we had to do it quickly.

"What do you remember about the legends of Herobrine?" I asked Kermit.

"Um... let me think..." Kermit closed his eyes. I stood there annoyed for a few seconds, until he finally opened his eyes.

"He kills people."

"That's not what I was looking for!" I facepalmed.

"Fine. He's one of the Minecraftian gods. He and Notch were brothers, yada yada yada. His plans are to take over Minecraftia from Notch because they hate each other, and to destroy the Enders because they are the biggest threat to him. And Ty's half-Ender."

"Yeah..." I nodded sadly.

"We'll find him eventually," Kermit said.

"If only we had a sign to tell us where to go..." I muttered.

Kermit and I were silent for a few minutes, still wandering aimlessly in the forest. Then Kermit pointed up to the sky.

"Hey!" he shouted, pointing to a small circular object floating in the sky. "Look at that!"

I squinted my eyes to see what it was. Sure, it was tiny, but I could just see what it was: an eye of ender.

We must be pretty close to Ty.

Ty's POV

I woke up in a cell - again - for what must be the second time today.

Okay, I was furious at Herobrine and the other boy. But I needed out, fast. I've heard the stories of what Herobrine did to others of my kind. So I summoned an eye of ender, and it floated just above my palm. Any non-stupid person would know what it meant: I need help, from an Ender.

I brought the eye of ender to my mouth and whipsered a few words. Then, when the message had been sealed, I let go, and the eye of Ender rose straight through the ceiling, where hopefully someone would find it. If not... well, I didn't have the energy to summon another eye, and I had a feeling more bad things were going to happen.