Chapter 34: The Spell

Sky's POV

This battle seems like it's been going on forever.

Thank goodness Mitch and the others are here.

"Your friends won't do anything to help you," Herobrine laughs, standing on top of the ruined throne.

I slowly back away into my group of friends standing at the door. They've all got their weapons out, ready to fight.

We need everyone we can get.

"Ah, so the final Defenders are both still alive," Herobrine says. "Adam James Skylen, Mitchell Ralph Hughes. My plan was to kill both of you, at separate times. But now is a good time as any!"

He shoots a fireball at the center of our group, and Mitch and I dive to the left, while everyone else runs to the right.

"And same goes for all of the Legends. The Kings, the Soldier, the Half-Breed, the Runner, the Monster, the Cursed, the Necromancer, the Evil Hero. All of you, every single one of you will die, and no one will be in my way!" Herobrine laughs.

"You're not going to hurt Mitch!" Jerome screams from the other side of the room.

"Oh yeah?" Herobrine smirks.

"Jerome, don't!" Mitch shouts, glancing across the room to see Jerome with his axe raised high in the air, ready to smash skulls.

The bacca sighs, readying his axe but not charging.

Herobrine disappears for a split second, then reappears behind the rest of the group.

"Move!" I scream before teleporting to Herobrine and pushing him away from the others. I hear an arrow whizz by me, and it lodges itself in Herobrine's arm.

Below me, Ian has his bow ready, preparing for his next shot.

I teleport away again, letting Ian have another shot, but Herobrine teleports again, this time, next to Mitch.

Mitch whips his sword out, lunging for Herobrine's chest, but he teleports away again.

I teleport next to Mitch, muttering, "We're not going to get anywhere if Herobrine keeps teleporting. He's being such a wimp."

"You think?" Mitch says sarcastically, readying his sword.

Using his superspeed, Herobrine charges, slamming Quentin against a wall. He gets up immediately, shooting out a beam of ice that barely misses Ryan. Herobrine punches him again, and he flies through the wall and lands somewhere on the other side, not moving.

"Quentin!" Ian screams, and runs out of the room to look for his friend.

"Spread out!" I yell at the others, who are still standing in a clump. "It'll be easier for us to attack and dodge!"

They nod, moving to different areas of the room.

"Have I missed anything?" a familiar voice says as he enters the throne room.

"Seto!" we all exclaim.

Thank Notch he's still alive.

"The Necromancer," Herobrine mutters, and shoots a fireball in his path. Seto jumps backwards to avoid it. Jason reacts before any of us, flying over to Seto and shooting Wither bombs back at Herobrine.

"Sky!" Seto shouts to me, and I teleport next to him.

"I thought you were with..."

"Lucas, I know. He's probably on his way here right now. And when he gets here, we're all dead. Well, if he can figure out how to use my powers," Seto mutters.