Chapter 9: It Was All A Lie

A/N: If there's italicized print with no quotation marks around them, that means that's what the character is thinking.

Just wanted to clear that up.

Now, on with the story!

__________________________

3rd Person

Skybrine rolled his eyes. "I am a hero. And last I checked, I was fighting for the good side." When is he going to realize that I'm not going to change who I am?

Seto sighed, clearly annoyed. "When are you going to get it? Herobrine is evil. Therefore, you are fighting for the side of evil. Herobrine brainwashed you well, didn't he?"

"Brainwashed? What do you mean, brainwashed?" Sky asked.

"YOU HAVE SUCH A THICK SKULL! THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE!" Seto exclaimed in frustration, throwing his hands in the air.

He knew the whole prophecy well enough from the top of his head. The first part had definitely already happened.

"Sorcerers have the entire book of Minecraftian Legends memorized," Seto said. "And guess who's in it."

"Probably me," Skybrine rolled his eyes again.

"Yup, you," Seto said. The Evil Hero Prophecy was her favorite, he recalled. He closed his eyes and said:

"In the year of the blazes, and time of great death,

He is protected by others to their final breath.

Young and weak, not ready to fight,

He is taken away into the cold, dark night.

Raised by the enemy, being taught everything wrong,

He will grow, learning to fight, kill, and become strong.

His eyes glow white, his heart grows cold,

All he has left of the past is an amulet of gold.

On a cold winter's night, very much like the first,

He will seek out and destroy to quench his thirst.

But because of that night, nothing will be the same,

He will find true friends, and they will change the game."

(A/N: I'm bad at writing poetry and just rhyming in general... I tried.)

Skybrine listened in silence and sighed. "That whole thing's about me, isn't it? Is there more?"

Seto bit his lip and shook his head. "No..." But there is more. And you're not ready to hear the rest of it yet. "And remember my friend Arlene? The one you murdered? She knew who you were."

"Really?" Skybrine muttered. "Well, guess what? I don't freaking care."

"You were born to be a Defender, a hero who protects Minecraftia. But Herobrine stole that away from you as a child. He murdered your real parents and burned your village. He turned you away, and made you evil."

Seto turned to leave, then faced Skybrine one last time.

"You have the truth now. But it's your decision, what will you do?

What is your choice?"

Seto's POV

I sigh in frustration and slam the cell door behind me.