Chapter 29: Fight Through The Night

Ian's POV

This is one reason I hated being in the army.

You have to kill, or you'll be killed.

I pull out my iron sword and turn to face the soldiers. There's seven of us right now, so that means about seven soldiers for each of us. One of us will have to take down eight.

If Mitch and Lilly were here, we'd only have to take out five each.

Enough with the calculations.

Let's get this over with.

A soldier runs at me with a sword in his hand and tries to stab me in the chest. I jump to the side and roll as another blade comes slicing through the air just over my head.

I get up and charge at the two soldiers who attacked me, stabbing one guy in the chest and slicing my sword across the other guy's neck.

There's not much time to celebrate, because an arrow flies by my ear. I put my sword away and pull out my bow and an arrow. Preparing a shot, I scan the trees for the sniper and let the arrow fly.

The arow finds its target, but not before another arrow hits me in the leg.

Why didn't I think to bring any armor with me?

I limp behind a bush and look at the wound. Blood is coming out of it, but it's not really too bad.

I'll ask Seto to heal me later.

Looking around, I see most of the others are going through the same thing I am. Sky looks like he's having fun, using his powers to take out his anger at Herobrine out on the soldiers. Jason is throwing Wither bombs and simply touching them with his hands, and they die soon after. Ty moves like he has superspeed, stabbing soldiers one after the other. Quentin's Ice Beams trap the soldiers, and he lets some of them freeze to death. Jerome jumps in the trees, swinging his diamond axe like a maniac. Ryan darts in and out of the shadows, here one moment and gone the next.

There might be a lot of soldiers, but they aren't very good ones.

I put my bow away and pull out the sword again as three soldiers with swords and daggers appear from behind the trees. I lock swords with one of the soldiers and twist my sword, making the other one drop his sword. He pulls out a knife and throws it at me. I duck and stab him in the chest, and he falls to the ground.

A blaze of fire goes up behind me, and I turn around to see what's happening.

Lilly. Of course. She's holding a glowing sword made out of lava, and she screams something I can't hear and runs into the chaos. Mitch is right behind her, readying a bow shot. He quickly scales a tree, joining Jerome in the tree battles.

I turn my attention back to the battle in front of me, and see a heavily armored soldier carrying a club charge at me. He's big and beefy, but he's slow. The other soldier is hanging back behind the first one, as if he's unsuse of what to do. Seeing that his friend is going for me, he turns around, probably looking for someone else to kill.

I dodge his first swing, but I'm not as lucky the second time. The club hits me in the side of the head, and pain explodes in my head. I collapse to the ground, shutting my eyes and accidentally dropping my sword.

Big mistake.

I hear a clatter, then two huge arms pick me up and wrap around my neck.

"Help! Someo - " I manage to shout before the guy squeezes even tighter.

I can't breathe...

The only person close enough to me to see what's going on is Lilly, and she happens to turn around right at that moment.