Chapter 21: Silent City

A/N: I swear, my chapters in general are getting longer and longer.

I'm introducing and announcing the winner of the contest at the end of this chapter :)

________________________

Quentin's POV

"Ready to go?" Mitch asks everyone.

We all nod.

A few minutes later, we've paid the hotel and are standing on the streets of Castelia City.

"To the City of Angels we go!" Ty exclaims, leading the way.

We're going to take a minecart subway to the City of Angels from here in Castelia City. It's not very expensive; only a gold ingot per person.

But that would mean we have to pay nine gold ingots.

As if he's reading my mind, Ryan speaks up. "I've got twenty gold ingots left. Do we need to buy anything?"

"Yeah, actually. We need to get on that minecart subway," Ian says. "If we do that, we'll be in the City of Angels by tonight."

And we can finally take down Herobrine, I think with satisfaction.

We're a few blocks away from the minecart subway station, and the streets are busy. Traffic is really slow, so it takes us forever to get to the station.

And I'm not sure if my eyes were playing tricks on me, but I'm pretty sure I saw Derp SSundee a few times.

We pay for our tickets and get on the subway.

"Ten people per car!" the conductor announces as we take our seats.

The whole minecart's top is encased in glass so that we can see outside, but I'm not sure why anyone would want to stare at stone for hours on end.

I slide into a seat, and Ian sits next to me. "I'm tired," I yawn, resting my head against the cool window.

"And you slept the whole night, too," Ian smirks. "I'd forgotten how much you sleep."

Of course.

It's been eight years.

The minecart starts moving, and I fall asleep listening to the sound of the minecart on the tracks.

*dream*

"Do I have to go?" Four-year old Quentin whined as his parents dragged him out of the house.

"Yes, it's Ian's birthday! You're friends with him, aren't you?" His mom argued.

"Stop being a butt, Quentin!" Sylvia whined. She was only three, but she was annoying as the Nether - to Quentin, at least. She was a little angel to everyone else.

Quentin sighed and shut his mouth. Apparently his mom thought that he and Ian were good friends.

He didn't like Ian very much.

But he had to go along with it, since his mom and Ian's mom were close friends.

When he got to Ian's house, he simply sat in a corner, pulled out a book, and ignored the million other kids running around.

Ian happened to be a quite popular kid in Blackthorn City.

He and Ian weren't even the same age; Ian was a year older than him.

So when Ian came over to him, he was surprised.

"Hey," he said. "What are you doing?"