Chapter 13: Works of Evil

A/N: I know, I probably confused a lot of people last chapter. Sorry about that.

Someone guessed what Sky's true motivation was, though. Good job for figuring it out! You know who you are :)

__________________________

Sky's POV

I hide a grin as all three boys stare at me. They don't know who I really am.

After dropping that Mudkip back off at home, I asked Dad to give me another power - the power to heal, just like he gave me superstrength all those years ago. I knew it would come in handy to gain - what was his name again? - the Hughes boy's trust.

And now, I think he trusts me.

Well done, Sky.

Step one of the plan is complete.

And I also kinda just realized that I've seen the boy and the bacca before, when I was at Azeala that one night. They're both fighters, I can already tell that much.

"Thank you for healing me," the furry thing says to me as we eat dinner. "Call me Jerome. And if you couldn't tell, I'm a bacca."

The Hughes boy is way too trusting - he let me stay with his family for the night.

"No problem," I smile at him. "And I'll try to remember that. I'm not very good with names."

"Okay," Jerome laughs.

After dinner, I walk outside and watch the sunset. I feel someone join me a few minutes later.

"Hey, it's me, Mitch," he says as he sits down next to me.

"Hi," I mutter without looking at him.

"Where are you from?" he asks.

Think, Sky, think! "Um, Azeala City."

"Really?" Mitch says. "Jerome and I were just there a few days ago!"

"Yeah, I - " Don't tell him that you saw them there!

"What was that?" Mitch asks.

I just shake my head.

"Do you want to come on a hunting trip tomorrow? Jerome, Ryan, and I are going. We could really use another person's help."

"Okay," I nod. "I'm going to sleep. Good night, Mitch."

As I lay in bed, I think about my mission. Even if I screw this up somehow, Dad will still come in to kill the whole Hughes family.

I can't wait to see the look on Mitch's, Jerome's, and Ryan's faces when I finally get to turn on them.

This was much easier than I thought it would be.

Seto's POV

"You guys are so slow!" I say for what seems like the millionth time.

"How much farther is Snowpoint City?" Jason asks. "We've been traveling forever!"

"Half a chunk away!" I say.

The other three groan. "Can we rest now?" Ty asks.

"Fine," I mutter. "I'll take first watch."

And with that, the other three boys are asleep on the snow. Ty's wings are out, curled around his body for warmth. Kermit's laying on a tree branch, and Jason simply just puts his back to a tree trunk and sleeps.

It's about 10:30 right now. Stay awake, Seto. You friends need you!

I shake off the drowsiness and play with the snow at my feet.