Chapter 36: The Meeting

*three days later*

Sky's POV

"Ty!" I shout, knocking on his bedroom door. "Get your lazy butt out of bed!"

I hear a muffled groaning sound, footsteps, then a very tired-looking Ty opens the door. "What do you want? It's 6:30 in the morning."

"We have a meeting with Lilly in an hour, remember?"

"Don't remind me," Ty mutters, slamming the door in my face.

Today is the day where Lilly will decide what to do with us. After all, she's the Queen now. We're just citizens of Minecraftia.

We've been staying in the Palace, sleeping in the empty bedrooms. The throne room is still a mess, of course, so we're holding the meeting in one of the private offices.

The others have been doing their own thing for the last few days. Ryan has disappeared to somewhere, Quentin is getting his injured arm checked (it's still hurting, and I can't heal him automatically anymore), Ian has been talking to the Royal Soldiers, Jason spends a lot of his time flying around the halls and causing chaos, Ty stays in his room and yells at anyone who knocks on his door, and Seto spends a lot of his time resting. That spell drained a lot of his energy.

Then there's Mitch. He hasn't spoken to anyone since the day of the final battle, and he refuses to come out of his room. We've tried talking to him, but nothing seems to be working.

I hope we don't lose him too. Not after we just lost Jerome.

"Hey, Sky!" Jason waves at me. He's standing in his bedroom, with the door open. We're the only ones awake, so Jason still has his gloves off.

"Hi," I smile, walking over to him. "Why don't you ever take that helmet off?"

"Don't want to," Jason says.

I shrug. "So what do you think will happen later?"

"Don't want to think about it," Jason replies. "Is Mitch gonna come?"

We both look towards Mitch's bedroom door, which is closed - and it's been that way for three days.

"He hasn't even come out for food or water..." I mutter.

"He needs time. Jerome was his closest friend, right?" Jason answers.

We're both silent for a moment, remembering Jerome. His silly jokes, the way he goofed around, the way he and Mitch always looked out for each other.

"Living in the past won't help. C'mon, let's get the others ready," I say.

"I have an idea," Jason says.

"Go on..." I reply, a grin slowly spreading across my face as Jason explains his plan.

Twenty minutes later, Jason and I are walking down the hall with three ice-cold water buckets in our hands.

"Let's do Ian first," I mouth to Jason, and he nods, quietly pushing open the door to Ian's bedroom. He's asleep on the bed, curled up in the covers.

I dump the water bucket on Ian's head, and his eyes fly open.

"What the freak was that?" he screeches, feeling around for his sunglasses on his nightstand and putting them on.

"Are you awake now?" Jason laughs, leaning against the door.

"You think?" Ian remarks sarcastically. "I'm going to go take a shower now..."

We sneak into Quentin's room, but he's already awake. "I heard you guys across the hall. You're really loud."