Chapter 24: The World Above

*the next morning*

Ty's POV

"In the backyard?" Elise says. "Sure. Go ahead. But make sure I don't have any monsters flying out of that Portal and attacking my house."

"We can't guarantee that," Jason says. "But we'll try."

"Thanks, boys," Elise says.

Mitch, Jerome, Ryan, Ian, and Quentin stand with us. Sky still isn't allowed to leave his bed, which he's pretty mad about.

But we went to go say goodbye to him in his room anyway.

"Good luck, guys," Sky had said. "Come back alive, okay?"

"No promises, Sky," I had smiled.

"I know you can do it. All three of you." He'd smiled back, looking at the three of us.

"Hey, Ty," Jason said, snapping me back to the present. "Does the glowstone go right here?"

"Here, give me some," I said, and Jason passed me some glowstone. I flew above them and placed the two glowstone blocks at the top, next to the two corner blocks of obsidian.

We built the corners out of obsidian because it looks fancy, and the rest of the Portal has to be made out of glowstone. The light sorcerer told us exactly what to do.

I still don't know her name, though.

We finish setting up the Portal, and stand back to admire our work.

"We're ready," I say, dumping the bucket of water on one of the bottom blocks.

For a moment, nothing happens.

Then all of a sudden, the portal starts swirling with blue particles, and the blue Portal appears. Just like it's supposed to.

"Ready, guys?" I ask. Jason, Kermit, and I are staring up at the Portal.

"Absolutely," Kermit says.

"Ready as I'll ever be," Jason agrees.

I take one last look over my shoulder at the five boys standing behind us.

We won't let them down.

We'll come back with Seto, and we'll finish this fight.

I jump into the Aether Portal without looking back.

__________________________

"HOLY NOTCH!" Kermit shouts as he exits the Portal.

"I KNOW!" I shout back as I try to keep my balance on top of the glowstone Portal.

It's really, really windy. And the Portal's suspended in thin air, with the closest Aether island at least thirty blocks away.

Thank goodness I can fly, otherwise I'd be falling back to the Overworld.

And I can finally show my true form again, after days of not being able to.

"Does anyone have building blocks?" Jason shouts over the howling wind.

"No! We didn't bring any!" I shout back.

Now that I think about it, that was a stupid move.

"I'm going to fly over to the mainland; see what's going on!" I tell the other two, who are still stuck on the little Portal platform.

"Okay! We'll try to find a way over there!" Jason replies, pointing to himself and Kermit.

I nod, spreading my black wings and start fighting my way through the wind to the nearest floating island.