Chapter 30: Attack At Dawn

Jerome's POV

"You know it's almost morning now, right?"

Mitch yawns and blinks one eye open. "Already?"

"It's been six hours. We gotta get up now."

He rolls over and groans. "Can you tell the others to wait for me?"

"Now you know how I feel," I laugh quietly. "You always make me get up when I don't want to."

"Go away," Mitch swats at air as I duck.

"Fine," I shrug, throwing a blanket over him and joining the others in the living room.

Last night, we tended to everyone's wounds. Everyone has at least some sort of bandage or cast. I have a bandage on my stomach; there's a huge slash there thanks to a soldier.

We decided to sleep in Elise's house for a little bit, even though she's nowhere to be found.

And just like Lilly said, we're attacking at dawn.

It won't matter that we slept here for a few hours, because at the end of today, we'll either be dead or staying in the Palace.

We're all ready to go - well, except for Mitch and Quentin.

"They're sleeping," Ian says, trying to hide a grin but failing.

"Well, we have to leave," Lilly whispers. For some reason, we're all whispering, even though there's no one here except for us. I guess it's because this house is so... eerie.

Quentin comes sleepwalking down the stairs and almost crashes into Jason, who's standing at the foot of the stairs.

"Did I miss anything?" he asks sleepily, rubbing his eyes.

An idea forms in my head to wake Mitch up.

"Quentin, can you make a really cold Water Gun?"

"Yeah, why..." He grins as he realizes what I want to do. "Oh, okay. I'm in."

We run upstairs to where Mitch is sleeping, and I quietly open the door.

"Do it," I whisper.

Quentin nods, and a blast of water comes out of his mouth and hits Mitch in the face, soaking the bed, and probably his clothes.

"Whata - wha - " Mitch sits up, flailing his arms around wildly as Quentin and I step back.

"So how'd you sleep?" Quentin asks innocently.

"You little - " Mitch stops himself, but he's smiling. "I'm awake, you can go away."

Quentin smirks and goes downstairs again.

"Now are you awake?" I ask.

Mitch sighs, swings his quiver full of arrows onto his back, picks up his bow, and shoves his diamond sword and iron knives into his belt. "I guess. Let's go kick Herobrine's butt."

Sky's POV

The sun is peeking up over the horizon.

"This way, guys!" Lilly whispers to us, standing next to a well-hidden hole in the ground.

"So this leads to the inside of the Palace?" Quentin asks.

Lilly nods. "We have to stay together. I know the Palace like the back of my hand, and I know where Herobrine's most likely to be."

"Well, what are we waiting for?" I say, turning myself invisible - which I haven't done in a long time - and start running through the narrow tunnel.