Epilogue

*a week later*

Third Person

The Team Crafted house has begun to be built. Just like Seto suggested, it's by Sunnyshore City. Until the house is complete, they'll be staying in the Palace.

The Palace is suprisingly quiet, despite Christmas being in two days. The halls have been decorated by Seto, Jason, Ty, Ian, Ryan, and Quentin, who insist on having a huge celebration. Sky is confused, having never celebrated Christmas before, and Mitch simply refuses to help.

In a quiet corner of the library, Seto waves his hand over a black vortex in front of him. A picture forms, showing eight young adults, laughing and trying to pose for a picture.

The enchantment table - which is in the library - has a lot of magical energy, so he can do magic in here without getting tired.

His eyes scan over the faces, which all look familiar. They all seem to be having a great time. This is the present time; it's happening right now.

They're from the other world, the one that Nyxus called Earth.

Seto turns his attention away from the picture for a moment to look through the book next to him.

As soon as he looks away, the picture changes.

The house is in ruins, the city behind it is on fire. Somehow, the eight boys aren't dead yet, just huddled together, staring at a dark figure in the distance.

Two of them start arguing and start a fistfight. One of the others tries to break them up, but it's no use.

One of them shouts sonething at the other, then him and two others run away, towards the burning city.

Seto turns his head back to the picture, his eyes widening and clamping a hand over his mouth.

As soon as he sees it, the horrifying picture disappears, leaving in its place the happy picture. Two white eyes quickly flash in Seto's vision, then disappear.

Oh my Notch... What have I done?

<<>>

Jerome is sitting on the edge of the Aether mainland, his legs swinging back and forth.

He's staring down at the Overworld, even though no one can see that far. It's at least a thousand blocks to the ground, possibly even more.

Eight more days, and he can see Mitch again. Hopefully he's not in bad shape.

Although he's not going to lie, it's nice seeing Mitch's family (and Coco, who died in the fire) and talking to them, especially Connor.

He went to talk to Notch a while ago about being able to communicate with ghosts in the Overworld on a regular basis.

"It's very difficult, but it's possible," Notch had replied.

"How?" Jerome had asked.

"Mindlink is very common with Aether souls," Notch explained. "But with an Aether soul and an Overworld ghost... I'd say you'd have to go to the Overworld first, then establish the mindlink with Kermit."

Jerome had come out of that meeting with Notch grinning like a maniac.

He flashes back to the present; Coco running over to her owner, resting her head on his lap.

Absentmindedly, he strokes her brown fur, thinking of Mitch and his friends.

They would probably be holding the funeral soon, and as the months would go by, some of them would eventually forget about him.