Chapter 18: Listen To Me

A/N: Look at that! I actually updated!

On with the story :)

________________________

Mitch's POV

The world around me is spinning, I can barely lift my arms...

I close my eyes for a moment, welcoming the darkness.

What do I do?

Of course, I'd never betray my friends. But if I don't get healed soon, I'll die. And both Herobrine and Jerome know that.

But if I get those powers that Herobrine promised, I could use those against him...

"I choose..."

Before I can say another word, my mind goes blank and I can't move.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Seto. He's facing us, holding his hands out in front of him.

My mind and body are frozen, but I can still move my eyes.

Jerome is exactly the same, and so is Herobrine.

What happened?

Seto's POV

"Protect me," I whisper to Jason and Kermit. They nod, and I run over to Mitch, Jerome, and Herobrine.

I used a Time-Freeze spell on the three of them. That takes a lot of magical energy.

"Mitch..." I whisper, kneeling in front of him. I can't heal him right now, but the Time-Freeze spell should stop him from losing any more blood.

And hopefully, stop him from making the wrong decision.

I've already used a bit over half of my magical energy. Forcefields and Time-Freeze spells, along with other combat spells, are really energy-consuming. Not to mention the cuts in my arms that are draining my strength.

If I go over the limit and push myself too far, then I die.

Simple as that.

"I'm sorry, Mitch," I say. With shaking hands, I unclasp the dog tag necklace from around his neck, and hang it on my own neck. The necklace is glowing with power. He doesn't move, of course, but his brown eyes are protesting. "I'll be back soon, I promise."

Mitch's family's dogtag necklace, along with the Skylen family's amethyst amulet, are protection against mind control from any evil person. And I need that right now, if I want to keep fighting with my friends and not against them.

Inside this dogtag is a shard of ruby. It's been enchanted by sorcerers, a long, long time ago, with enchantments of protection. I wish I knew how to do that.

But the protection of the necklaces doesn't work if, say, the person wearing it has been corrupted with evil since he was young. It protects only against outside forces, not against free will, and what's inside you.

I run back over to Jason and Kermit, who are still fighting back. But now we have two problems: Skybrine and Nyxus.

The time is now, Seto. You can do it.

I take a deep breath and step forward.

"Sky?"

Sky's POV

Why won't they just give up already?

Seto's nearly dead; I can see it in his eyes. Quentin's exhausted from using his powers, and Ian can barely shoot straight. Ty's sword swings are getting slower and slower, and Jason looks like he's gonna collapse. Ryan's being pinned down by Nyxus, and Kermit's been beaten up like crazy.