Chapter 25: Meet In The Woods

Jerome's POV

Mitch, Ryan, Ian, Quentin, Elise, and I watch as Jason, Ty, and Kermit fade into the Aether Portal, then disappear.

"Well, there they go," I say, breaking the silence. "So what now?"

Ryan clears his throat. "We should probably go meet that girl in the woods tonight."

"What if it's a trap?" Ian asks.

I roll my eyes. "We should at least go check it out. And if it is a trap, then we kill her. Simple as that."

Quentin says. "We'll all go. When do we leave?"

"Tonight," Ryan replies.

Ian sighs, obviously annoyed, but doesn't say anything else.

"So, we've got a whole day to kill," Mitch says.

"Why don't we play Hide n' Seek?" Ian suggests.

"I'm the seeker!" I shout, covering my eyes. "Ready? 1, 2, 3, 4, 5... 48, 49, 50!"

When I uncover my eyes, everyone else has left the backyard. Only Elise is still here, smiling.

"You nine boys and your childish ways," she says, shaking her head. "I wish my son was still that young."

"I think we all wish that, Mrs. Wolfe," I reply.

I run into the house, shouting, "Mitch! Ryan! Ian! Quentin! Where are you?"

I hear laughter from one of the upstairs bedrooms.

"I'm coming, Mitch!"

Well, this should be fun...

Lilly's POV

I throw another fireball in the air.

I'm bored out of my mind. And it's only around nine o'clock.

"Lilly?" someone whispers, and I turn around to see who it is.

"Who's there?" I say, summoning another ball of fire and making it float above my hand.

"Jeez, relax. It's just me!"

Lucas?

"You survived," I whisper, extinguishing my flame. "Where have you been?"

Sure enough, Lucas steps out of the bushes. His uniform's torn up and he smells like he hasn't taken a bath in days, but it's the same person I've known for seven years.

"I snuck out of the castle," he says. "After you ran, I beat all the mobs and went back to the Palace, not realizing your parents were already dead. Herobrine was already there, and he was mind-controlling the other soldiers. He saw me hiding and got me under his control..." Lucas shudders at the memory. "But he couldn't control me. I'm just one of those people who can't be controlled."

I hug him. "I'm just glad you're alive."

"Me too, Lilly," he says. "Me too."

~time skip to evening~

3rd Person

"Are we ready?" Ian asks, waiting by the door for his friends.

Sky is sitting on the couch, agitated. Elise told him earlier he couldn't leave the house; his wounds are still healing but they'll be better by tomorrow.

"Let's go!" Ryan says, leading the way to the woods where he'd seen the girl the night before.

Meanwhile, Lilly puts her hood up and paces nervously around her little cave. She doesn't want these boys to know her identity just yet.