Chapter 37: Team Crafted

Quick A/N before I begin... Most of the last names that I'm going to use for the characters are made up by me; they're not their real last names.

And turns out, this isn't the last chapter! This chapter and the next one were originally one chapter, but I decided to split them into two parts because it was a bit long.

Let's begin, shall we?

<<>>

Third Person

It's 5:00 P.M., and the seven boys who are about to be inducted into the Royal Army are standing in the ballroom, in front of the new Queen. Other soldiers - mostly the senior ones, are also attending the induction ceremony, watching their soon-to-be-leaders.

"I am trusting the seven of you with the safety and future of this kingdom," Lilly says, standing in front of the boys, who are standing with their hands over their hearts.

"Adam Skylen, General of the Royal Army!" Lilly calls out, and Sky, not used to being called his full name, looks up in surprise.

"C'mere," she mouths as the other soldiers give a round of applause.

Sky slowly walks to Lilly, who's holding a badge, and she attatches it to the front of his leather jacket, which all Royal Army soldiers have to wear.

It's a golden five-pointed star, with a small gold ingot in the middle.

Sky looks at the badge on his jacket, and blurts out, "That gold ingot looks like butter."

Everyone bursts into laughter, even Lilly, who's trying as hard as she can to keep a straight face.

"I've got a stick of butter on my General's pin!" Sky exclaims. "Great!"

"Tyler Ellis!" Lilly says as Sky goes back to where he was standing.

Ellis? Sky mouths to Seto, who's standing right next to him. Isn't his last name Ender?

He wanted to have a human name, Seto replies telepathically. Ender sounds suspicious.

Sky nods, and watches as Lilly fastens the Captain's badge onto Ty's leather jacket. It's got a symbol of black wings and two crossed swords.

"Jason Parker!"

Jason's badge is slightly different from Ty's; it's got a silver four-pointed Nether star and crossed swords.

"Mitchell Hughes!"

Mitch slowly walks up to Lilly, his face almost expressionless as Lilly fastens the badge onto Mitch's jacket. His badge is a silver maple leaf, with a crossed axe and sword instead of two swords.

"Seto Darkley!"

Everyone stares at him in confusion as Seto goes up to recieve his badge. It's purple, and has a purple flame and a purple enchanting table.

Seto smiles when he sees everyone's confused faces. "My father's last name was Darkley. Guess you guys didn't know that, huh?"

"Ryan Fraser!"

Ryan's badge is pure black; his badge is a bat with the crossed swords in front.

"Ian Miller!"

Ian grins like a maniac as Lilly attactches the badge to his jacket. It's silver, with just a Captain's crossed swords symbol.

"Quentin Lewis!"

Quentin, still with his injured arm, walks up to Lilly. His badge is lapiz lazuli blue, with a medical cross and the crossed swords.