Chapter 22: Sadness and Suprises

???'s POV

Oh, if only my parents could see me now.

I sit with my back to the cave wall, staring into the fire. I wonder how my kingdom is doing without me.

My name is Lilly. And yeah, I'm the missing Princess.

Right now, I should be sitting on the throne, ruling my kindgom. But no. Herobrine had to kill my parents.

I barely escaped with my life.

*flashback*

(A/N: I feel like I do too many of these, but whatevs.)

Lilly sighed and rolled over on her bed, running her fingers through her short crimson-red hair.

There was a knock on the door. "Princess Lilly? May I come in?"

"Yeah, sure," she said, changing out of her pajamas and putting on a red tank top, black hoodie, yellow jeans, and black and white converse.

Her escort stepped into the room and gave a small bow. "Your agenda for today is as follows. Breakfast at eight, then a meeting with - "

Lilly cut the escort off with a wave of her hand. "Cool, got it. Now excuse me!" She pushed passed the escort and ran down the castle hallways, not caring that the servants and knights were yelling at her to slow down.

This is all so stupid, Lilly thought. Why do I need someone to escort me around the castle? I've been living here forever!

"Hey, Mom and Dad! What's up?" Lilly said, grabbing a plate and sitting down, joining her parents for breakfast.

"Lilly Celestia! What have I told you about looking presentable at mealtimes? At least wear a skirt, or even better, a dress!" her mother, the Queen, scolded her daughter, looking at her outfit.

"Listen to your mother, Lilly," her father put in. "And it's, 'Good morning, King Zachary. Good morning, Queen Gabrielle.' Not, 'What's up, Mom and Dad?' Okay?"

Lilly sighed. She hated wearing dresses. She hated being "presentable."

She hated the fact that princesses had to be so elegant.

Because she definitely wasn't.

Lilly finished her breakfast in a few minutes, then ran to the main hall.

"Your meeting with the staff is at nine!" King Zachary called after Lilly.

"Whatever," Lilly muttered.

She was going to be late for her lesson.

Every day, she met Lucas outside in the garden.

When she was ten, she'd bribed him into teaching her how to use a sword. She'd seen his skills; he was one of the best swordsmen guards they had.

So naturally, being the rebellious, curious girl she was, Lilly convinced Lucas into teaching her how to use a sword.

Seven years later, she'd nearly mastered swordfighting, and Lucas was one of her best friends. He was young when he'd come to the palace when Lilly was ten; sixteen years old, so they were only six years apart. Since then, he'd been promoted to captain of the guard. Now she was seventeen, and he was twenty-three.

"You're late," he smirked, leaning against an archway covered in flowers.

"Blame my parents," Lilly said, picking up her iron sword.