Chapter 1: Rio's Crush? (Part 1/2)

Yuma Tsukumo was running in his house. "Oh, no! I'm going to be..late for school!"

"Yah, not to mention, that you're..mostly late, Yuma," said Yuma's big sister, who crossed her arms at him, with a serious look.

"But..I-I..overslept!" Yuma tripped and fell down onto the kitchen floor.

"Still, you have to keep up, on your grades. And, watch, where you're going."

"I-I am! I'm studying..hard!" Yuma winced, as he got back up.

"Easy, on your little brother, Kari." said Yuma's mom.

"But..Mom. It's not my fault, he's such a..dweeb."

"Hey!" Yuma called out in embarrassment.

"Yuma..is Yuma. And, you know, no one can change that." said Yuma and Kari's dad.

"Kari, your father's..right, my dear." Haru Tsukumo smiled. "He's one of a kind."

Kari sighed. "Sure, 'if'.. you, say so, grandma."

"Oh, I forgot..I need to go!" Yuma freaked out and speeded, leaving a dusty trail behind.

"Wait, Yuma!" Kari exclaimed, putting her hand out.

"The poor boy, was in..such a hurry." the old lady was holding a lunch box. "That, he forgot his lunch."

Kari sighed. "Looks like, it's too late, for me, to run.. after him." she took the school lunch. "I'll just give it, to him, myself."

~~~~~

Yuma was running down the street, until he got startled by his sister's voice. "Hey! Yuma!" Kari yelled, as she was driving in her motorcycle and passed by him. "What're, you..doing!?"

She threw his lunch at him. "You..forgot your lunch!"

He sweatdropped and quickly caught it. "T-thanks, Kari." Kari just smiled at her brother and drove off.

"Hi, Yuma!" Bronk Stone passed by him, riding his skateboard.

"Hey!" Yuma kept on running, not looking at him.

"Whatcha, got there?" Bronk was referring to the lunch box.

"Oh, it's my lunch, that my sister gave me. Since, I was in a huge hurry, and I forgot.. about it."

"Sounds like, you have a great sister, to count on--"

"There's no.. time, to talk! I need..to get to school, on time! Before, I get another detention!"

"And, I'm way ahead of you!" Bronk got ahead of his best friend. "See, ya!" he waved to him.

"N-no, wait!"

"Sorry, but you're on..your own, now."

"Aww.." Yuma panted in exhaustion. I'm almost there! He thought, running some more. He ran into the school hallway. Just a little more and-- He zipped into the room and panted, having that long run.

DING!

DONG!

The bell rang. "Yuma!" Ray Shadows ran to him, with a smile on his face. "You're here, early!"

Yuma panted, as he collapsed onto his knees. "I know. I'm lucky, aren't I?"

"You barely made it," Tori Meadows leaned over and helped him up, by taking his hand.

"Thanks, Tori." Yuma got up by taking the hand that his friend offered to him.

"What took you, so long?" Reginald Kastle asked.