Chapter 24: Silent Night (Part 1/2)

Night had finished going to school and she was walking to a apartment complex. "Oh no." Her eyes widened when she saw a piece of paper taped to the door. She grabbed the paper and read it.

"What's wrong, Night?" Said Star. "What does that note say?"

"Um..." Night's face darkened in a state of anime depression, and she dropped the paper.

"Night?" Star watched as a silent Night opened the door to their apartment room.

"Are you okay?" Star was cut off as Night slammed the door behind her.

She dropped down onto her knees and started crying. "S-Star."

Star rushed over to her older sister. "Sister, what's wrong?"

"N-nothing..." Night wanted to hide her feelings. "Start packing everything you need."

"What? Why? We're coming back here, right?"

"We're not going to live here anymore. We can't." Night started explaining. "They're kicking us out because we didn't pay the rent. I don't have anymore money because I got fired from my babysitting job." She broke down in tears. "I'm sorry, I can't do anything."

Star started feeling sad and she comforted Night by giving her a warm hug, "It's okay. You did your best and I admire you for that."

~~~~~

"Night, Hart." Kite tucked Hart into bed.

"Goodnight, Kite." Hart said.

After Kite closed the door to Hart's room, he sat down on the couch to think. He then stood near the clear glass window, seeing that it was raining outside. He stared at the open view through the glass window that showed back his reflection.

The bright lights in the view seemed to illuminate the city, making it look like a twinkling palace in the night. He then went back to the living room to go sit back on the couch. He sighed to himself.

Orbital then noticed that his master was in a sad state. "M-Master K-Kite..." He turned his robot head to him. "What's wrong?"

"Oh it's nothing." Kite said. He then got up and opened the door. "Orbital, I'll be right back."

"Where are you going?" Asked the robot.

"I'm just going to take a walk..just to clear my mind off of something."

~~~~~

"Night!" Star shouted as her sister was running fast, while holding her hand. "Where are we going?"

"I don't know yet, Star." Said Night.

Night and Star then both stopped at a park to rest.

It then started to rain more. "Night, what are we going to do?" Star started crying. "You lost your job." She frowned. "We lost our home and we lost everything--" She broke down in tears.

Night had never seen her little sister so sad before so she couldn't help but cry her eyes out too. "I know and it's hard." She said, wiping the tears out of her eyes. "Without Mom and Dad, too...but we didn't lose everything." A pleasant smile began to form on her face. "My little Star," She hugged her. "We still have each other. And that's what really counts. We're both sisters and we're our only family that we have."