Chapter 37: Violet Is Missing

"Where's Violet?" Tori asked the next school day. "I haven't seen her."

"Come to think of it, I haven't seen her either." Rio said, walking along with the girls in the hallway. "When was the last time you saw her, Anna?" She asked.

"It was..yesterday." Anna said. "After school, she said that she was going to go to some teacher..to ask for help or something on school work?" She stopped walking, as she came to the realization of something.

"Anna? What's wrong?" Rio stopped walking and went to her, and so did Tori.

Anna looked shocked. "Wait..." she said. "You don't think Violet lied to me on where she was going yesterday? Do you?"

"Maybe, she did? That is possible?" Tori said.

"But, why would she do that?" Anna said.

"What if she did it, because she wanted to see Ray?" Rio said. "I feel very bad about it. But...I feel like she really misses him. And that she gets sad, because we can't leave her alone with him...since he's dangerous."

"She's right." Tori said. "I know, Violet. She hasn't been herself. I can sense it, when she's hiding her emotions...when she's hiding her sadness."

A view of a boy's legs were shown running fast and it ascended towards the appearance of his face. It was Yuma. "Guys!"

"Yuma?" Tori said.

"Hey, I--WOAH!" Yuma tripped and fell down on the floor. "Oof!"

"Are you okay?" Anna helped him get up, by pulling his hand up.

"Yes, I'm okay." Yuma said, dusting off his clothes with his hands.

"What were you going to say?" Asked Tori.

"I--" Yuma said. He looked down at his pendant and grabbed it with his right hand. "just had a talk with Astral."

"You did?" Tori asked. "What did he say?"

"He told me that Violet is in trouble." Yuma frowned. "And that--WHAT THE--" His pendant started flying on its own direction.

"Ahh!" Yuma shouted. "What's happening!?" He put his hand on his pendant, but that was of no use since it practically kept flying around that it stretched from his neck.

"Your pendant is flying by itself?" Rio added in.

"Yeah, but why me?" It dragged Yuma, which led him outside. The others followed him.

"Look!" Tori said. "Yuma! It must be trying to tell you something. Why else wouldn't it be leading you to a different direction?"

The pendant flew straight and pointed left. "See? It wants you to go that way."

"Wooah." Yuma said, and started running that way. "You're right, Tori. This thing is like a magnet."

Tori, Rio, and Anna ran with him, to see what was up ahead. "I wonder why it would take us to the back of the school?" Rio said.

"Yuma! Your pendant!" Anna said. "It's glowing? And it's pointing towards that corner over there?" Her gloved hand pointed to the path.