Chapter 13: Guys And Girls Just Hanging Out

"Yuma! Yuma!" A voice rang through Yuma's ears.

"Huh? Is that who I think it is?" Yuma inquired as he was looking around while floating in the air. A flying figure with a glowing white aura passed by him, catching his attention.

His eyes widened. "Astral!" He ran after the Astral World being. But then as he caught up with him, he vanished out of thin air. "Astral! ASTRAL! Where are you? ASTRAAAAL!"

Yuma woke up from his dream and started panting. He was still thinking about his dream and wasn't paying attention when he fell off his hammock. He got a face plant on the floor. "Ow." He then got up and shaked his head so that the small tears in his eyes could go away. "I've got to get ready for school," He dashed off in his room to get changed into his school uniform and ran out of his house.

"Bye Yuma. Have a good day at school!" Yuma's grandma was sweeping outside at the front.

"Bye Grandma!"

~~~~~

I wonder?... Yuma grabbed his golden key necklace and looked at it, while being in math class. What kind of dream I had? And why was Astral in it? What does it mean?

Tori looked at Yuma, noticing he was in deep thought. Yuma.. He must be thinking about Astral...He must miss him. "Yuma," She said.

"Yeah, Tori?" Yuma stopped touching his necklace and looked at her.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah... I'm fine."

"Astral, are you trying to tell me something in that dream I had?" Yuma looked up at the night sky. "If you are... Then.." He closed his eyes. "What is it?"

~~~~~

"Those exams at school...wore me out." Mizar said.

"Yeah. I'm tired." Yuma Tsukumo said, yawning.

"What should we do now?" Alito asked. "I think we should hang out together."

"Hang out? As in... just... us 'guys'?" Girag inquired.

"That sounds cool. Count me, in." Ray Shadows said.

"If you guys are just hanging out as guys...then." Rio Kastle said. "That means me and the girls will hang out together. With no boys, that is."

"Good thinking, Rio. It'll be a girls hang out!" Tori Meadows said.

"With us, girls!" Anna Kaboom said.

Rio clapped her hands together. "Then let's get started!" The other girls left. "We'll see you later, Reginald." She looked at her brother and at the boys. "Have fun, boys!" She waved to them.

~~~~~

The girls went to the mall to go shopping. "I can't believe we're going to be on our second year of school." Cathy Katherine said.

"Yeah. Our first year was such a blast!" Anna Kaboom sipped her fruit smoothie through her cup's straw.

"To be honest, it all changed with Yuma. You know?" Said Tori. "Without him, we wouldn't of met Rio and her brother, Dumon, Mizar, Alito, Girag, Kite, Trey, Quinton, Quattro. Pretty much...everyone Yuma knows now. Even you..." Tori looked at the red-orange haired girl. "Anna."

"Yeah." Anna closed her eyes. "Yuma's really something." She then blushed, realizing what she had already said. "I mean..he's just out of the ordinary in a good way." She sweat dropped. I hope they don't know what I actually mean by that.

"You girls are still lucky. You still have memories to be made in Heartland Academy. While Dumon, Girag, Mizar, Violet, Reginald, and I are going to be juniors next year," Rio put her hand out to herself.

"It's crazy, how time flies by fast." Violet Flowers stated.

The boys were dueling each other in tag teams while they talked about random things.

~~~~~

"I've never been to a sleepover before." Violet said. "And you have a nice room, Tori." She looked around.

"Thanks. I actually thought of having a sleepover, as another way for all of us to bond together." Tori sat down on her bed.

"You mean..." Said Rio. "To tell our darkest secrets?"

Tori looked at her. "Something like that? We can do that if everyone feels comfortable with it."

"But..maybe some certain people aren't comfortable with it?" Anna turned her back on them and crossed her arms.

"Ooh! Does that mean you like someone?" Teased Rio.

Those words that Rio said, made Anna blush and mumble. "N-no."

"She's stuttering! That does mean she likes someone." Rio smirked.

Anna turned to look at them. "F-fine! I do like someone! I'm not saying who it is."

"She's right. I know who she likes. But for her sake, I'm not going to tell." Tori said.

"WHAT!?" Anna flushed. "How do you know that!? I never told anyone!"

"I just know. I can tell." Tori replied.

Violet was staring into space for a long while that she didn't notice that she was directly staring at Rio. "Violet. Do you have a crush?"

"Huh!?" Violet snapped out of her thoughts. "Did you say something?"

"Yeah I did." Said Rio. She repeated herself. "I said, 'Do you have a crush?'"

Violet took a moment of silence, thinking of what she should say. And then she replied. "No I don't."

"Yes you do! Stop lying! I know you have one 'cause you hesitated to answer."

Violet was nervous so she laughed it off to act like nothing happened. Her face turned red as she covered her face with a pillow. "No I don't! Don't be silly, Rio."

Rio glared at her. "I know you do."

"Look! I don't really know if I like anybody, to be honest. Maybe I do. Maybe I don't. But that's still a thing that I'm still trying to figure out," Violet sighed.

"Really? I'm sorry for putting so much pressure on you." Rio said, sweat dropping.

Cathy spoke. "I'm hungry."

Violet blushed in embarrassment as her stomach growled. "So am I."

"Come to think of it, we're probably all hungry too." Anna said.

Tori quickly got up from her bed. "I'll order us a pizza to deliver here!" She ran downstairs to use her house phone.