Chapter 10: Spending The Night At Kite's

With Ray's words of... "It's not what it looks like."

The boy got mad at him because it looked like he was going to do it with Violet or had already done so. "Get off of her!" He pushed him off of her. Violet was quick to keep her eyes closed, not wanting her identity to be revealed. She put her hand on the grass, trying to find her mask.

"And I challenge you to a duel!"

Ray put his duel gazer on his eye, underneath his mask, and got his duel disk out of his tuxedo jacket. "You're on!"

"If I win..the girl stays with me for a bit." Said the opponent.

"And if I win, you leave her alone." Ray said.

As they were distracted, Violet felt her mask in the bush, and she still couldn't reach it. So she went in the giant bush and it was caught under some branches. When she pulled it out of there, she got it and put it on her face. Just as she thought she was going to flee the scene that had just happened now, she couldn't. She heard a large tearing sound behind her and she blushed. Oh no. This can not be happening to me right now! Of all the days and people..why does this have to be now!?

Violet's dress had been ripped away from the branches behind her in the bush. I don't have an extra change of clothes and 'this' just had to be happening at this moment. What if someone sees me!? She hid inside the deep bush. My only chances is.. hiding in this bush.

"I know who you are." Ray told his opponent. "And I'm not letting you win this duel."

"Neither am I. I'm not going easy on you."

~~~~~

To a shocking surprise, Ray had lost the duel. He went to Violet. "I'm sorry, I lost the--What are you doing?" He saw that her head was slightly popping out of a bush.

Violet sweat dropped. "Nothing. Just hanging out here, with my homie; the bush." She giggled in a nervous tone.

Ray chuckled. "Come on and get out of there because that other guy is going to be coming for you."

Violet's eyes turned into big circles. "WHAT!? But you won the duel." She glared at him. "Didn't you?"

"Uh..." Ray was nervous to tell her. "About that duel. I...Lost."

"How? You were dueling to protect me!"

"Please, I tried my best. Really, I did. I'm sorry but since I lost.. You have to spend the night at this place of his and you have to spend a day with him."

"Spend a day with him? I can not believe you! You'll pay for this, Ray!" Violet was angry. "If I could, I would hit you right now. But due to some certain circumstances..I can't."

"Can't? Why? What's wrong? Are you hiding something from me? If you would like." Ray laughed. "I would be more than happy to pull you out of that bush, now."

Violet blushed. "No! No! Please don't! I'm begging you! Don't come any closer to me!"

"I was just teasing, it's not like I would do something like that."

Then the other boy came. "Why is she hiding in that bush?"

Ray put his hands out. "I don't know. She won't tell me. But, she doesn't want to get out of it and she says..'She can't'."