Chapter 29: The Vision In The Dream (Part 1/2)

"Are you all set, Yuma, my boy?" Yuma's dad said as he watched Yuma zip up his backpack.

"Yeah, I'm all set!" Yuma smiled and gave a thumbs-up. "Let's go camping, just like the old times."

"Kari, are you coming?"  The lady with long blonde hair said.

"Yes, I'm coming, Mom." Kari came downstairs, holding a small suitcase. "Grandma, are you coming?"

"No, I'm not coming.." The grandma was in the kitchen, stirring something in a bowl. "You kids go have some fun!"

~~~~~

"Thanks for inviting me, Yuma," Tori said as she was unpacking her backpack. "It was a nice thing for you to do."

"Yeah, thank you for inviting us to go camping with your family." Ray said. "It'll be a great way for all of our friends to bond together."

"No problem," Yuma said. "It'll be fun."

"Come on guys!" Ray said. "We're almost there!" He kept walking, as he and the others were hiking up a trail.

Rio sighed and fanned herself with her hand, "It''s sooo... hot."

Yuma sighed, "I can't keep going." He fell down.

"Come on, you guys," Shark said, holding a small umbrella over him and Rio to provide shade.

Tori shrugged and glared at Yuma. "Pull yourself, together!" She helped him up. "You've got to start feeling the flow!" She shook him like a bag of chips.

"Ahhhhhh!" Yuma shrieked as his eyes became spinning circles, showing that he was dizzy. "Don't shake me like that, Tori."

"Come on, kids!" Yuma's dad said. "It's not too far." He kept on walking. The others went ahead of them. "Are you coming, Yuma?"

"Yeah, I'll be right there, Dad." Yuma said, as he watched everyone else walk away. He sighed, "I'm so tired." He let out a puffy anime-sigh.

He was by himself outside and he was leaning his arm against a tree. He then heard a voice, "Yuma!" he looked side to side. "Yuma!"

"A-Astral!?" Yuma was surprised. "Is that your voice I hear!?"

"Yes, it's me, Yuma," A bright light flashed from the golden pendant that Yuma was wearing and he was instantly transported to the little world that layed inside the pendant. "Astral?" He saw Astral appear before him.

"Yuma." Astral said. "I have a important message for you."

"A message?" Yuma was confused. "What for?"

"I'm telling you now so you can be aware of it when it happens."

"When what happens?"

"I have a feeling that something bad is going to happen." Astral began floating next to Yuma. "I had a vision." He closed his eyes and covered Yuma's eyes with his hand to combine his eye vision with him. "I will show you what I'm talking about Yuma."

"Relax and look through this vision I'm showing you."

Yuma's eyes were closed. He was calm and he began seeing the vision like it was a dream, showing warning signs.

A dark hooded figure stood out at night in the rain.

An evil Barian symbol shined red like a ruby.

A deck of cards had some sort of evil energy in them.

Ray Shadows had passed out on the floor.

Violet Flowers was seen running outside on a late rainy night.

A type of black cloud of darkness seemed to cover the whole sky.

"Woah." Yuma opened his eyes and was surprised.

"Do you see it now?" Asked Astral. "Do you understand?"

"Hmm..." Yuma said. "So, the thing is.. that you feel something awful is going to happen?"

"Yes," Astral nodded his head. "I sense that some sort of unknown evil may happen to two of your friends, Violet and Vector."

"Oh no." Yuma said. "What am I going to do?" He said, "I've got to warn them!"

"I'm not sure what's exactly going to happen. But keep an eye out, Yuma. And if something bad happens, I'll come to your rescue and help you and your friends." Astral put his hands on top of Yuma's shoulders. "For now, I must go." He took his hands off of him and backed away.

"Wait!" Yuma ran. "Astral! Don't LEAVE me!" He shouted, seeing Astral fade away from a distance. "I've got questions! Why can't you--"

"Goodbye Yuma," Astral was no longer in view.

Yuma was sitting down near a tree. An apple was hanging from a tree branch, it fell down on top of Yuma's head. "OW!" He snapped his eyes open, suddenly waking up from the nap he apparently was having.

He rubbed his head where the apple had hit him as a small teardrop flew out his eye. "What hit me?" He then looked down to see the red fruit rolling next to him on the ground. "Oh it was just an apple."

His stomach grumbled, "Man I haven't aten anything all day." He then picked up the apple and used his shirt to wipe it clean. He then took a big bite out of the apple. "I wonder why I saw Astral again?" He thought back to what had previously happened some minutes ago.

He got up so that he wasn't sitting near the tree anymore. He took another bite of the juicy scarlet fruit he was holding in his hand. He looked down at his yellow pendant in his other hand, "That felt very real to me."

He closed his eyes and closed his hand that had the pendant inside it, "But...it must of been another dream." He started to feel sad. "This is the second time I've dreamed about Astral. I haven't seen him in person since the last time he called upon me and the others to go help him in Astral World."

He looked up at the twilight-sky. "Astral. I wonder what you mean by all this?"