Chapter 11: Setting Back A Match

Rio had a single thought in her mind that she had while she was still at school. I hate to do this but I don't see it in any other way. Throughout the day, she went to her class periods and ate lunch with her friends. Then she went home, walking with her sibling.

Shark opened the door with a key to their house. They both made their way inside. Rio put her school bag down on the floor and her brother finished locking the door.

Rio sighed.

"What's wrong?" That one question snapped her out of her thoughts.
Rio had her back turned to Shark and she had a depressed anime facial expression on her face. She giggled. "It's nothing. Don't worry about it."

"Look, I'm your brother and I know when something's wrong with you. So stop lying to me and tell me the truth, Rio."

Rio put her hand on her arm in a awkward position. A single tear fell from her dark face, showing that she had given in. "I'm... no longer in a relationship."

"What?" Shark was surprised. "Do you mean that..Bronk broke up with you!?" He began to get mad. "I'll..Teach him a lesson to not--"

"NO!" Rio quickly rotated the opposite way to look at him in the face. Tears flew out of her eyes. "Don't hurt Bronk! It wasn't him! It was me! I'm the one who ended my relationship with him." She sobbed.

Shark hugged her and caressed her blue hair. "Why Rio? Why would you do that? That doesn't sound like you. I thought you were happy in your relationship."

"I was happy. I was..Reginald. But I broke up with him because I felt like our relationship wasn't working out...Even though, I've done that...I still feel heartbroken." Rio cried again. "It hurts my heart."

"It's alright. Everything will be fine. I promise. It takes time to heal from a relationship that you're no longer in. Just relax and be yourself, Rio. You don't always need a special guy in your life."

~~~~~

It has been some days at school and Bronk and Rio have been avoiding each other and even in any social interactions that they don't want to have. Rio was sitting next to Tori and then Bronk suddenly showed up to join everyone else for lunch. "You know what? I think I'll have lunch inside, for a new change. Besides..." Said Shark's sister, making up an excuse. "I've heard that too much sunlight is bad for you and your skin." She gathered up her lunch box and walked towards the entrance door, passing Bronk.

By the actions and words that were being used, everyone else in the group could tell that something was wrong and that something had to be done about it. "Am I the only one who is sensing that something happened with Rio and Bronk?" Dumon said.

"Yeah. She hasn't been herself lately." Tori said, talking about Rio.

"Yeah. He hasn't been himself lately." Yuma said, talking about Bronk. Then he looked at Tori since she kind of said the same thing as him.

"What happened?" Alito said. "It looks like trouble in paradise for those two."

"It is. It's just that Rio broke up with Bronk since she felt like their relationship wasn't working out. And she's still sad about the whole thing...which would probably explain why she's been avoiding him."

"Wow that's tough." Ray said.

"Come to think of it, Bronk has been feeling down too these days. We should do something about it. It can't keep going on like this." Yuma said.

"I think it would be the best for us to set them back together," Violet suggested. "So that they can both be happy together, again."

"That's a great idea!" Caswell said.

"Yeah, that way..it's a win-win situation for them. And so that they can know what to do to improve their own relationship," Anna said.

"Great! I'm up for this plan. Anything to make Rio happy." Reginald Kastle agreed with the plan.

~~~~~

"Okay. Are you ready, Tori?" Yuma Tsukumo said, speaking into his duel gazer while hiding behind a tree.

"Yes. I'm ready, Yuma." Tori Meadows replied. "Let's do this!"

Rio Kastle and Bronk Stone didn't know it but they had fake apology letters sent to their doors by Yuma and Tori. After reading the letters, the ex-couple met up at the park.

"Rio?" Bronk said.

"Bronk?" Rio said.

"What are you doing here?" The two said, together.

"You wanted to apologize to me, Bronk."

"What!? No! YOU....wanted to apologize to me! You said so in this apology letter." Bronk showed her the letter.

"I never sent you that!" Rio showed him the letter that she had. "You sent me this."

"But I didn't."

"What? Then who did? That means that...someone set us up to meet here--" Rio was cut off when three people showed up. Yuma, Tori, and her brother.

"We set the two of you up...So that you can solve the problem that's in your relationship." Reginald Kastle said.

"Our relationship? You mean--" Bronk said.

"Really Reginald? I'm fine. I don't need this." Rio was a bit mad.

"Please we're only doing this for you!" Tori blurted out, telling her friend.

"Because you and Bronk aren't yourselves anymore. You're both just avoiding each other." Yuma said. "And that's not good."

"Listen to us, Rio. Please. We only want the best for you. And I could tell that you're not happy anymore," Shark said. "We did this for your own good."

"Really? I'm sorry." Rio bursted into tears. "You're right, Reginald. I'm not happy." She then made eye contact with Bronk. "Bronk, the reason that I broke up with you is because I felt like our relationship wasn't working out. And I'm sorry if I did hurt your feelings. But I just want to let you know that I..." She blushed. "Still like you."

"I'm sorry too Rio, if I made you feel that way. I promise to spend more time with you and to make our relationship work out." Bronk hugged her. "And I like you too."

"Awww. They're back together!" Tori smiled. "I'm so happy for them!"

"Great. Everything is back to normal." Yuma said.