Chapter 35: Not Taking The Ray Way (Part 1/2)

"Looks like the rain has stopped now." Kite said. "You should be heading back to your home. Right?"

"Yeah, I should." Violet said.

"Do you think it's safe for you to go back, though?"

"Yes, I think I can go now." Violet reassured Kite. "Besides, Astral gave me this necklace that he said would protect me." She showed him the necklace. "And he gave me a card too." She took a card out of the coat pocket. "See?"

"Hmm?" Kite looked at the card. "I've never seen a card like this before?"

"Me neither." Violet said. "He said that the card was called, 'An Angel's Awakening'." She took back the card. "It must be something very special." She looked at the angel that was on the card.

"So, you don't want me to walk with you to your house?"

"Uh..." Violet stopped to think. "Sure, you can. I mean, it's the best you can do, after everything bad that's been happening to me."

~~~~~

"Well, here we are." Kite said, "your house."

It was still raining. Violet didn't want to get drenched, so she quickly ran to her doorstep at the front of her house-porch that had shade. "Thank you for making sure, I came here safely."

"No problem." Kite was at a distance from the house, he was still outside. He didn't mind feeling the coolness of the rain droplets that splattered across his face. "Violet?"

"Yes, Kite?" Violet didn't know what he was going to do next.

Kite had his back turned, "There's something I want to tell you, even if it's late for me to say it."

"What is it?"

"I use to have a crush on you."

Violet's face heated up. "What!? You use to like me!?" She said. "I'm sorry, but I didn't like you back."

"Hmm..." Kite said. "I figured. That's why I wanted to tell you, even though I don't like you anymore." He put his hands in his pockets. "And I know I didn't stand a chance with you...since you have your eyes set on that Ray-guy."

Violet was getting more embarrassed. She scoffed and covered her face. "I don't like Ray! Him and I are just friends! I don't know what got you the idea to think that I--?"

"I just know." Kite continued. "It's the way you look at him." He then had a thought pop up on his mind, 'And I know he feels the same way about you'.

"I hope you find the type of girl that you're looking for." Violet said.

"Yeah, I already have. She just doesn't know it yet." Kite looked up at the starry sky. "She is the twinkle that brings up my night sky."

"Awww...that's cute." Violet said. "I hope you get to be with her."

"Anyways, I have to go." Kite was about to take a step, but didn't proceed when he heard Violet speak over him. "Wait! Kite!" She put her hand out. "What about your coat that I still have? Shouldn't I give it back to you now or--?"

"You should keep it for now. You can return it to me later, like tomorrow or any other day you want to swing by." Kite replied. "And if you ever need any help from me, you can go ahead and tell me. I would be glad to help you, for a friend."

"Oh alright then. Thank you so much! Bye!"

•••••

~The next day at school~