Chapter 3: The New Girl

"Not..again! I'm..going to be..late!" Yuma ran as fast as he could. Ray was next to him. "Come on, Yuma, let's..do..the..Ray Way!"

"The..'Ray Way'!?" Yuma sweatdropped and stuttered. "I-I..Don't know..about that!?"

"Follow..me!" the orange-haired dude grabbed his friend's wrist and ran. By doing the 'Ray Way', they went through a bunch of quick, but odd shortcuts. First, through some green bushes, and jumping over a fence, and some other weird ways. "Come on, we're..almost..there!"

Yuma panted, trying to keep up. "I don't know, if I..can keep it up, any longer!" he said as he was running in the school building.

Ray looked back at him, "Don't worry, I know..We're..not going to be..late, today."

The two boys were stepping up their game, not looking back. That was, when Ray bumped into someone. Yuma wasn't paying attention and didn't notice that he had passed him. He scratched his short hair, getting up. He saw that a girl was sitting down on the floor, meaning that he had bumped into her. "Are you..ok?" he offered his hand to her.

"Yes, I'm..fine," the girl took his hand, blushing, as her other hand was covering her skirt. She got back on her feet and looked at him, in a shy way. "Who are you? I've never seen you around, here..before." said Ray.

"Oh, it's..'Cause, I'm new, here."

"You're..new? Then, what are you doing here, in the hall?"

"I was..trying to look for my class."

"Class? Let.. me, see your schedule." the girl did as she was told, giving him a piece of paper. He looked at it. "Looks like, you're in..the same class, with me, now."

"I..am!?" she got her schedule paper back from him.

"Yes, I'll..go with you, there, now."

"Really? Thanks--" the teenage girl was cut off as Ray took her hand. "Hey!"

"Sorry, I forgot to mention, that we..need to hurry. If we..don't, we'll be..late to class. And, I know, you won't want that, for your first day of school. Uh--What's your..name?"

"My..name? I'm..Violet." Violet had brown hair that was in a high ponytail, and had magenta eyes.

"Violet? Well, I'm..Ray. Nice, to meet..you." Ray smiled, which made Violet blush. They finally arrived to class on time. "Ray!? I was..wondering, where you, were!?" Yuma said, seeing him and the student walk into class. "I didn't see you, after I..went to class."

"Oh, it's just that..when..we were running. I bumped into," Ray put his hand out to the girl that was next to him. "This girl. And, I helped her. And I walked with her..to our class, that she's in. She's..new."

"A new..girl!? What's..her name?" Tori asked.

Violet blushed, being the center of attention. "I'm..Violet Flowers."

"Hi, Violet! I'm..Tori Meadows!" Tori said, then she gestured to Yuma. "That's..Yuma Tsukumo."

"Hi!" Yuma said, in a happy tone.

And, so on..Violet was introduced to the other friends. She learned many of their names, such as Rio, Reginald, Caswell, Flip, Bronk, Girag, Alito, Cathy. It was time to go to P.E class, this time, the students were going to go swimming in the pool. The girls got out of the locker room, all except, Violet. "Violet! What's..wrong?" Tori cupped her cheeks, making her voice louder, towards the entrance door.

"I don't want to..come out!" Violet said, on the other side, still in the locker room.

"Oh, dear. I don't know, why..she won't come out?" Tori inquired.