Chapter 34: The Monster Within (Part 2/2)

Violet saw that she had become her soul and she saw that she had left her unconscious body that Kite was holding in the forest. "W-what!? What's happening to me!?" She looked at her hands. "Did I die?"

"Violet! Violet!" Kite repeated.

"K-kite!" Violet saw that Kite was worried. She reached her hand out, "It's me...Violet! I'm right here--" She was cut off when she was blinded by a bright white light that shone so brightly and heard her name being called out. "Violet." The male voice said in a serious tone.

"Huh? Who said that?" She looked around and didn't see anyone. She only saw a portal that swirled like a black hole. "Kite can't hear you. I brought you here spiritually, with your soul."

"What? Who are you? And how do you know my name?" Violet stared at the portal, hearing the voice come from it.

"I don't have much time left to do this. So please, hurry and grab onto my hand," A white hand came out of the portal.

"I--" Violet looked back at her unconscious body and at the hand that was in the portal. "How do I know this is okay?"

"It is. Trust me. I promise that I won't hurt you." The male voice said, then Violet took his hand and she flew deep into the portal. On the other side of the portal, the hand pulled her out. Violet's eyes were closed and she was still holding hands with this soul-like essence.

"It's alright. You have made it safely here. Don't be frightened, you can open your eyes now." Violet opened up her eyes slowly.

She was awestruck when she saw that the being that was in front of her, wasn't a human at all. But he was from another world. He had a white eye and a honey-yellow eye. "My name is Astral."

"Astral?" Violet let go of Astral's hand. "I--How did you--" She couldn't make up her mind on what question to ask him first. "Where are we?" Her surroundings wasn't the forest anymore, it was in a different world.

"This is Astral World." Astral says. "I know who you are because I've been watching over you to make sure you're safe and well..." He said. "I know that you're friends with Yuma and Ray, and many others."

"Wait...you are friends with Yuma?"

"Yes. Me and him are as you call?" Astral looked confused. "Oh my, I have forgotten. What's the word for it? It's when you've been through so much with someone that you're both--?"

"I think the word you're looking for is 'best friends'?"

Astral's eyes lit up. "Ahhh! Yes! That's it! Me and Yuma are best friends."

"But if the two of you are from different worlds, how did the two of you become friends?" Violet asked.

"It's quite the story, I would say." Astral said. "He helped me to recover my memories and..."

~~~~~

"How did you bring me here to Astral World?"

"I managed to locate where you were. I astral projected you with your soul, so you can come here." Astral said, following Violet as she was floating alongside him. "Actually, I saw that you were in danger earlier with that monster that was chasing you."

Astral saw that Violet was hanging onto the railings of the roof as it rained.

"I knew that you wouldn't want to fall into the hands of him, so I sent you some spiritual energy so you would feel like it was okay for you to fall back."

Violet let go of her hands and fell down.

"I did that. So...I could teleport you away from your home so that the monster wouldn't know where you were. I was carrying you but you were freaking out, so you pushed me away."