Chapter 16: Happy Birthday Violet!

"I'm bored. I wonder what there is.. To do...today." Violet Flowers opened up the curtains in her room to let the sunlight come inside. She looked out of the window and saw Ray Shadows walking down the sidewalk. She quickly ducked down before he could see her. "What is he doing!? I can't let him see me." She said to herself, and her face turned red, thinking about what happened between him and her, on the day she was sick.

"That was close." Violet calmed down. "I'm going to change and then see what else everyone is up to."

After taking a shower, brushing her brown hair, and changing into a new set of clothes, Violet called the others. First, she called Tori. "Hello Tori?"

"Hi it's me, Tori." Hearing Tori's voice on the other end of the phone, made Violet relieved that someone had answered her call.

"And please leave a message after the..." But hearing this, Violet realized it was just her voice when it was left on a voice mail. "BEEEP."

Violet ended the call and moved onto the next number. "So much for that. I'll see if Rio answers." To her bad luck, Rio Kastle didn't answer her call either.

"Maybe Cathy." The same thing had happened before the previous call.

"Anna's cool. I wonder what she's up to?" Anna Kaboom didn't answer either.

"What about Kite?" Violet called the next person. "How about...Yuma?" She ended the calls and did a puffy anime sigh. "Why is no one answering me? Are they purposely trying to ignore me?" She screamed, as a reaction to becoming frustrated. "Oh...wait. There can be one last person I know...who I can call." She started to dial a phone number. "Let's see if Ray answers."

After some minutes of hearing silence over the phone, she whispered to herself; "Please answer Ray. I'm begging you--"

Just then, someone had picked up the phone on the other end. It was Ray Shadows. "Hello?"

"Hi Ray! It's me...Violet!"

"Violet?"

"Yeah! I called you because I was wondering..." She said. "If you wanted to hang out today...right now."

"Sure. I would like to. I'll be right there. I was just going to go to your house now. I'm actually outside at your front door."

"Really? That explains why I saw you out my window. I'll go ahead and get the door for you!" Violet got out of her room.

"Alright. Bye."

"Bye." Violet ended the call, then opened the front door. "Hi Ray." She looked at the orange-haired boy.

"Now that you're here, do you want to go take a walk?" Ray asked.

"Sure."

~~~~~

"Thanks for answering my call." Violet was sitting down with Ray, on a bench. "I don't know why no one else answered my calls?"

"I'm sure they had their reasons."

"Yeah...I guess?"

For several hours, the two talked to each other, forgetting about their awkward moment from the day before. They then began walking again...to go back toViolet's house. "Thanks for walking me, home, Ray."

Ray nodded. "Sure."

Violet then opened the door, and walked into her home. The lights suddenly turned on, lighting up the living room with light. She got startled by the voices that she heard. "SURPRISE!"

Violet shrieked and accidentally backed up into Ray's torso, causing her face to heat up in embarrassment. "Surprise! Happy Birthday..." There were familiar faces in Violet's home, her friends. "Violet!"

Ray patted Violet's head and positioned her away from his torso. "Sorry that they frightened you there. This was all a surprise party...which we all planned out to you."

"You mean..?" Inquired Violet.

"Yeah. That's why we didn't answer our calls." Tori Meadows said.

"We're sorry if we didn't answer. We were just getting ready for your surprise party." Said Rio Kastle.

Violet's eyes widened. "Are you kidding me!? This is the best thing ever! I've always wanted a surprise party! Thanks you guys."

"Don't thank us...Thank Ray," Anna Kaboom said.

"Yeah...it was actually all his idea." Yuma Tsukumo said.

"What? It was Ray's idea!?" Violet looked at Ray, becoming shocked. "You did this?"

"Yes I did."

"I--I don't know what to say...Thank you!" Violet hugged Ray.

"You're welcome." Ray hugged Violet back.

"Come on, let's bring the cake out for the birthday-girl!" Cathy Catherine exclaimed, helping Rio Kastle bring in the cake.

Violet's eyes sparkled, admiring the cake. "Wow! You even know what my favorite cake flavor is!" She looked at Ray again. "Thanks Ray!"

"No problem. Now make a wish, Vi." Ray Shadow's eyes followed Violet Flowers.

Vi... That must be my nickname that he is going to start calling me now. Violet's attention was on the birthday candles. A birthday wish for my 16th birthday. I've pretty much gotten everything I've wanted. She blew out the candles. Her friends applauded for her for blowing them out.

She looked at every person that was a friend of her's. I've got some good friends that make me feel happy for once. What more can I ask for? She began to think deeper into her own thoughts. Or is this just the beginning?....

Violet took out the birthday candles and cut out the chocolate cake into thin slices. Then, her friends took pictures of her from different types of angles. She then smiled while she posed next to Ray as Tori took a picture with her camera.

Is this what I truly desire for in my life?...To be with Yuma, to be with Tori, with the others....and with.........Ray?

What do I want?

"Happy birthday Violet!"

_____
Update: I've been very busy with stuff lately..I've been going to school, watching anime, relaxing at home & drawing more.

I sometimes forget to update this book. This book will end soon..I just need to find the right time to start making more chapters...since I'm losing interest in updating.😅