Chapter 26: A Purfect Match

"It's feeding time, kitties!" Cathy walked downstairs in her black-white dress.

"Meow!" The cats said, upon seeing her. She got a large bowl and placed it on the floor. She then went to the kitchen and came back with a carton of milk.

She poured the milk into the bowl, making the cats instantly run over to it as they began licking the milk.

Cat went back upstairs to her room and looked at herself in the mirror, "It's time I try something new today," She took off her glasses and put on contact lenses in her cat-like green eyes.

She then changed her outfit to something more different--more stylish. She put on a white top that had a mini cat symbol on it with a belted-black mini skirt, along with striped long socks and black boots. She was satisfied with her new look so she went downstairs, proceeding to go out.

She hold onto her purse and looked at her cats, "I'm going to go out. I'll be back, my kitties!" She winked to her pets. She opened the door, "Please be good while I'm gone." She then waved and closed the door.

She walked to the park and sat on a bench by herself. "Oh..." She said, frowning. A boy with silver hair was walking by and saw the sad neko-girl alone, he sat down next to her, "Hi...what's wrong?"

Cat looked up and saw the boy. "Mmm..you wouldn't understand. At least, I don't think it's ever happened to a guy like you." She mumbled in a angry tone.

"Come on, I'm here," The boy said. "I'm all ears, ready to listen to what you have to say." He was being nice. "It'll make you feel better if you talk about it to someone." He was suggesting.

"Mmm..." Cat said, "Fine," she finally agreed, still being stubborn. "But that doesn't mean I'm going to be nice to you."

"So," the boy said. "What is troubling you?"

Cat finally had the courage to speak. "There is this boy at my school that will probably never notice me. I know that my friend Tori likes him because I could just tell. And I have a cat-sense that the boy likes her since he mostly notices her." She said, making a fist with her hand. "I want them to be happy with each other but at the same time," Her eyes became watery. "It's hard with me still having a crush on him... It hurts my heart."

The boy's eyes widened, he hugged Kat. "It's okay. I know it must be hard for you but you have to move on from this boy." He said, "Even if you want him and your friend to be happy with each other." He wiped her tear with his finger, "You have to be strong."

Cat smiled, "You're right." She said. "I shouldn't worry about it anymore."

"I should be going now." The boy stopped hugging Cat. He got up from the bench. "It was nice meeting you," he said. "I hope we can meet again tomorrow. Bye."

Cat's spirits had been lifted with the boy's caring actions and words. 'I hope I get to see you again too.' She thought as a smile crept onto her lips.

~~~~~

Cat would go to the park every afternoon to talk with the silver-haired boy since she enjoyed his company. "What's your favorite animal?"

"Cats!" Cat winked. "I really love them!" She put her gloved-hand out. "they're so cute!" She said. "I have so many of them as pets at home."