Chapter 9: The Midnight Masquerade Ball

"Violet." Tori said. "How are you?" She said, being concerned with her friend's feelings.

"I'm good and school's great."

"That's good."

"Hey girls!" Anna waved, as she was riding her flying rocket cannon. She then lost control of it. Tori and Violet got scared, and ran as fast as they can, turning into mini chibis of themselves, to run even more faster. "AHHH!"

"Oh no!" Anna was trying her best to hold onto it as it flew crazy. "AHHH!" She screamed. Tears flowed out of her eyes, showing how extreme her speed was.

"Hurry up and stop that THING!" Violet said.

"I'm... Try--" Anna hit her head on a lamp post. "ing." After the hit to her head, she managed to stop it. She sighed in relief and the others stopped running when they saw that she had stopped it.

Tori and Violet were trying to catch their breath from the run. "Finally."

Anna sweat dropped. "Sorry, sometimes I get out of control when I'm riding my rocket on accident."

"I have no idea how you handle riding that thing?" Said Violet. "I probably wouldn't of been able to handle something like that." The girls went together to walk to school.

"Huh?" Violet saw an envelope in her school locker. "What is this?" She took it out with her hand.

~~~~~

"What the?" Yuma saw a envelope in his school bag.

Cathy was at home, descending the stairs and saw that a cat of her's had a envelope in its mouth and brought it to her. She grabbed it with her cat-clawed gloves. "Meow. I wonder what's in this?"

"Tori." A woman called. "This came in the mail for you." She gave it to her daughter.

"Really? I'm not sure who would give me this?" Tori examined her mail. She already read it and was in awe. "Wow! It's an invite!"

"It's a invite to a ball." Violet said, now at home, reading it.

"What's the invite to?" Tori's mom asked.

"It's to the Midnight Masquerade Ball. Please, Mom. I know it ends at midnight, but can I...please go?" Tori politely asked her mother.

"Sure, you can. Besides, there's no school tomorrow for you, so it should be all good."

"Alright! I'll be shopping now to get my dress." Tori said, getting her purse.

~~~~~

"I know I don't really like wearing dresses but I have to get one if I want to go to this ball, tonight," Violet Flowers said, walking into the mall. "And a mask..because it's required to get one and so it can hide my face."

Some hours later, everybody else went to a place, which is where the ball would take place at. There were some people from Heartland City there, and students from Heartland Academy. The females were dressed up in gowns or fancy dresses, to go along with the fashion of a masquerade mask. The males were in tuxedos or some formal clothing that was similar to that, and they wore masks too, which made them look mysterious in a handsome way.

"Wow." Violet was at the entrance. "There's so many people here." She had arrived just in time, since the ball started at 7:00 pm and ended at midnight.

"Attention! Everyone!" A boy got a spoon and clinged it against a glass cup, gesturing to everyone that he was going to make a announcement. "I just wanted to say that I'm the one who invited all of you here at this ball for fun. And remember to have a good time!" People then applauded him and they clinged their glass cups of apple cider together and drank it.