Chapter 23: Not A Pretty Sight

"So, how is it going with the new babysitter for Hart, M-Master Kite?" Orbital asked as he walked alongside Kite outside.

"Hmm...Surprisingly, she's doing a good job." Kite closed his eyes, showing he was in deep thought. "She has picked up Hart from school, has taken great care for him, and has helped him with his homework."

"That's g-great." Said Orbital. "That girl sure knows what she's doing."

"Yes. She does." Kite then looked more serious. "But I need to talk to her about something."

"What are you going to talk to her about?"

"It doesn't matter, but just find her for me, Orbital and then tell me where she's at so I could talk to her."

"Right, M-Master Kite. I will find her."

~~~~~

Hart yawned. "I'm tired, Night." Hart went to his room.

"Okay, then, it is time for your bedtime. I'll just go tuck you in." Night went to Hart's room and tucked Hart into bed. "Goodnight, Hart."

"Goodnight, Night." Night smiled at Hart's words, then she saw that Hart was asleep. She turned off the lights and left the room. She went to go sit down on the couch. "Night."

Night turned around, upon hearing her name being called out. "Kite?"

"Where's Hart?"

"Hart, he's sleeping now. I already tucked him in."

"Okay." Kite took a seat next to Night. "I have to talk to you about something."

"You do? What do you want to talk to me about?"

"It's about your job."

"My job? What about it?"

"Well, you're doing a great job at it." Kite crossed his arms. However, I'm sorry it has to come down to this. "I'm sorry it has to come down to this. But I have to take your job away."

"You're taking my job away!?" Night said, "Why?"

"It's because I realized that I need to be there for my brother more and because my family is having financial problems, so I can't pay you anymore for taking care of Hart."

Night couldn't believe what she was hearing."I--but you don't understand! I really need the money." She stood up. "Please just give me another chance?"

"Nope. I'm sorry, Night." Kite opened the front door and pushed Night out. He slammed the door.

"N-no!" Night banged on the door and she dropped down to her knees. What am I going to do, now? I really need that money for me and Star. Tears poured out of her eyes.

On the other side of the door, Kite looked like he felt guilty. He made a fist with his hand and looked at it. I'm sorry, Night. Please forgive me.

~~~~~

Some days had passed, and Kite mainly had Night on his mind.

"M-Master Kite, how did your talk go with Night?" Orbital had seen Kite in the center of the room. "Speaking of her, how come she hasn't came here?"

"Yeah. Where is she, Kite?" Asked Hart.

"You won't be seeing Night anymore.. since she no longer works here." Kite said. "I fired her."

Hart's eyes widened, he was too speechless. And Orbital turned his head in a twisted fashion, showing that he was surprised by the news as well. "W-what!? You f-FIRED M-Miss N-Night!? Why? What happened, M-Master K-Kite!?"

Kite Tenjo shrugged in disgust, "I don't want to talk about it!" The tone of his voice was serious.

"But..." Orbital said. "M-Master..." The robot watched his own master walk away, ignoring him and the younger boy Hart.