Chapter 19: Violet's Dark Dream

Violet Flowers went to the mall to hang out with Tori Meadows and Rio Kastle. They walked around while holding shopping bags.

"So how's life for both of you, Tori and Violet?" Rio said to get the conversation going.

"Well..." Tori put her hand out. "I'm doing good! It's just..." She closed her eyes and did a puffy anime sigh. "YUMA." She kept on talking. "He's acting like an idiot! He doesn't even notice me!"

Rio sweat dropped. "I see that you're having boy trouble, Tores. So you DO like Yuma!" She winked at Tori, making her blush.

"N-no!" Tori's cheeks were full of blush that standed out. "I don't like Yuma. I mean--"

"Yeah I know that you like Yuma because I heard you tell him at the last time we went to help Astral."

Tori sighed. "Fine I do... Yuma already knows that I like him. He just doesn't seem to notice me or my feelings."

"Maybe he's just too shy to show that he likes you or something?" Rio comforted Tori by putting her hand on the top of her shoulder. "Don't stress out about it. Be patient and let time do its thing. It'll be alright."

"Who's Astral?" Violet randomly asked.

"Oh." Tori sweat dropped. "He's a friend of our's. He's also one of Yuma's best friends." The thing was that Violet didn't know about Astral or about the Barians yet.

"Oh okay." Violet nodded.

"Anyways, how are you, Violet?" Tori asked.

"I'm doing alright..I guess. I'm just focusing on school now at the moment." Replied Violet, not having anything more to say about it. "And you?" She referred back to Rio.

"Oh me?" Rio giggled. "The same goes for me too, Violet. I'm doing alright in the moment with how things are going and how my relationship is with Bronk. There's nothing more I can add to it."

"Oh shoot!" Violet looked at the time on her phone. "It's night already!? I have to go." She looked back at her two friends.

"It's night? Wow! That was fast!" Rio said, looking at the watch that laid on her wrist.

"Wait Violet," Tori alerted Violet. "Are you going to be okay going out by yourself on your way home?...'Cause it's night, you know? I'm just worried that something bad might happen."

"I'll be okay walking home, Tori. Thanks for the concern though." Violet waved to Rio and Tori before heading off. "Bye!"

"Bye!" Rio said.

"And be careful out there, Violet!" Tori shouted.

Violet giggled. "Don't worry, I will!"

Tori watched as Violet walked away. She mumbled to herself. "I sure hope you're careful at this time of night."

~~~~~

Violet sat down at a bench outside. "The truth is that I don't know if things are going 'alright' for me. It doesn't feel like it. I don't want anyone to worry about me. With the stress of school adding up and with life. I feel like..." She took out her necklace and looked at it. Her eyes sparkled and became watery. "something's missing." Tears rolled down her cheek.

She tucked her necklace away and wiped her tears away. "No matter what..." She stopped sitting down on the bench and began walking on her own. "I have to be strong."

As she walked out in the streets, there was a dark shadowy figure that was watching her from above and he followed her.

~~~~~

Violet came out of her bathroom and she was in her pajamas. She yawned and stretched her hands out. "It's time to go to sleep." She took off her ponytail holder and set it aside and she shaked her brown hair.

She closed the curtains so that they could cover her windows. And she turned off the light switch and went to asleep in the dark.

Violet woke up and saw that a pair of purple eyes were watching her from the corner of her room. She sweat dropped and quickly backed up from her bed. She covered herself with her blanket, showing that she was frightened. "It's just your imagination... No one is watching you in your room.." She removed the blanket away from her face. "See?"  She looked up and shrieked when she saw that the pair of purple eyes was right in front of her face.

She also felt the presence of someone on top of her bed. But it was really dark in her room that she couldn't see this person's face. She could only identify his bright eyes, which stood out. "Who are you?--"

The shadowy person touched Violet's brown curls. "Oh Violet..." He whispered into her ear. "Don't you recognize me?"

"I don't know who you are? Get away from me--"

The male grabbed her chin. "But I know perfectly well who you are." He pinned Violet on the top of her bed so that she wouldn't get away. It was really silent between the two, the only calm sound that could be heard was the rain drops that splattered against the window and the roof top. "Don't you want to be mines?"

Violet felt really frightened and she couldn't move since her body felt paralyzed with fear. "N-no."

"NO!? But I want you, Violet." He was about to touch her hair again but then Violet quickly stepped in and pushed him off of her bed. "No! I said..'no!'"

The unidentified person got mad that she refused and he tackled her down to the carpet floor. "NO! I want you with me! And I'll make you come with me..whether you like it or not!" 

Violet struggled to get out of his grasp. "No! I don't want to go with you--" She started crying.

Violet screamed and woke up from the nightmare that she had. She was so freaked out and frightened by what she dreamed about, she was taking deep breaths at a slow rate to calm herself down and her hands were sweaty. "It was just a bad dream..." She went back to sleep.

As soon as she was asleep, a small glimmer of light shimmered from her dueling deck that was on the top of her dresser. And in her deck of cards, was a new card that had been secretly placed inside and it had a strong red aura that was glowing around it.