002

002

JIMIN blindingly scurried to where he left his friend. "hey—" taehyung stopped short when he noticed jimin practically running back towards him, empty handed. "i thought you were getting drinks?" he frowned slightly, taking in the boy's appearance more closely. "and are you crying?" he asked unsurely.

the odd lighting of the club made it hard for him to tell if his friend was truly crying or not.

"i have no idea why i'm crying in the club right now." jimin harshly wiped at his eyes with the sleeve of his striped shirt.

he kept frantically watching his back to make sure he wasn't being followed.

"i also have no idea why i'm paranoid in the club right now." jimin wrapped his arms around himself, feeling terribly overwhelmed and wanting nothing but to go home where it was warm and safe.

"i still want a drink, jiminie." taehyung pouted his pink lips, and contorting his face in a way that jimin found irritatingly cute.

"drink water." jimin gave an undoubtedly fake laugh, and taehyung wasn't sure what had jimin acting so strangely.

just a moment ago, he was fine and leaving to get the both of them a drink from the bar. but the older boy had rushed back so frantically that the younger knew something had to have happened.

"did you get groped or something? i know that makes you umcomfy, but—"

"tae, i-i didn't," the older could hardly finish the sentence as a wave of pink dusted across his face. "i'm just not feeling this scene anymore, can we please go back home?" jimin hated begging, and he also hated disappointing his friend, but he was undeniably spooked by what he just saw.

jimin didn't go out to clubs often, and usually only did if he were being dragged to one by taehyung, so he wasn't sure what was considered normal club behavior and what wasn't. but he knew enough of the basics to put them into categories: basic club behavior included things like drinking, dancing with random people, making bad decisions like giving a seemingly hot stranger your number in the heat of the moment, only to block them when the actually text you.

club behaviors that didn't constitute as normal in the slightest included: crying in the club, being paranoid in the club, and stabbing a lady in the chest with a big ass knife.

he knew it was close to halloween, but what he definitely saw was not a costume. sudden panic then washed over jimin again and he realized he had done something idiotic.

his small hands flung to his mouth as his eyes widened. "tae, we have to call the police." this alarmed the boy he came with, and tae began to question jimin's sanity.

"jimin, buddy, i think you need some fresh air." he held jimin by his bicep, only to have his hand shrugged off. "i'm being serious," jimin almost sounded crazed now, which only worried taehyung more, "i think i just witnessed a murder."

in the distance, namjoon knew what he heard wasn't a mistake. he'd been trying to move on to some people when he overheard taehyung and jimin whisper-shouting at one another.

at first, eavesdropping wasn't intentional, he just found it amusing watching two people communicate the way they were in such a loud place. however, the last sentence jimin said was audible enough for namjoon to make out, even though his hearing was already phenomenal.