028

028

"CAN i see you?"

"what?" yoongi gulped, going unnoticed to jimin.

"can i see you? all of you?"

yoongi looked at jimin strangely. the boy was able to make him feel things he thought wasn't possible. he hadn't felt this human in such a long time.

he hadn't felt so human since he was a human.

they were still in the dance studio, jimin not caring about how late it was, and yoongi not being affected by the time; he was sleepy no matter what.

jimin's hair was messily displayed across his forehead, as his head was bent down, focused on his finger that was tracing shapes on the floor. "i'm not entirely sure what you mean by that, jiminie." the nickname caused a flare to spread in jimin's throat. he couldn't pinpoint exactly why something as simple, and possibly meaningless, as a nickname could arise such a feeling.

"i'm not hinting at your nudie suit if that's what you're assuming." jimin's mumbles and refusal to think of yoongi in such a state was cute. jimin was cute, and yoongi was trying to find ways to handle it.

"i wasn't." the older lied, and brought his hand up to brush some hair away from jimin's eyes. the action was unexpected to both of them, but they played it off coolly. only then did jimin peer up, daring to look at more than just the depth of yoongi's eyes.

"i want to see you as the grim reaper," he said, "i want to see more than just your wings."

yoongi complied. "close your eyes." his fingers brushed over jimin's eyes and fluttered them shut for him.

the strange intimacy between the two yoongi promised himself wouldn't be a thing to continue on past tonight. unknowingly, jimin told himself the same thing.

"i'd tell you not to be afraid," yoongi's voice was much deeper now, a little scratchy even, "but i'm death jimin, and this part of me is more than just min yoongi."

taking this as his cue to open his eyes, jimin did. his sight starting at the ground between the two, rising up the body of yoongi—of grim.

jimin was speechless and his face was unreadable. his eyes darted all over the other's body, lips sealed and parting on a loop.

yoongi's skin had a slight sheen and a tint that was unhuman. his hair curled at the ends and waved slightly. yoongi's eyes were a deep, almost unnoticeable red, rather than endless black as before. except, they were never black to begin with, were they?

"sometimes, rather than red, my entire pupil is black." yoongi decided to be gentle with jimin—he willed himself to be.

grim and yoongi were different the same way they were the same. it was like having split personalities; two people same body. as yoongi, he was less of himself in a way; human, per say. as grim, he was practically the illegitimate son of the devil himself.

"why aren't they black now?" jimin took notice of yoongi's teeth; all pointed and sharp. the sight made his heart race and run his tongue along the top row of his teeth, which was considerably omnivorous compared to yoongi's carnivorous.

"i'm in my halfway form, jimin." he didn't need to continue on for jimin to understand. the wings hadn't sprouted from yoongi's back, and jimin knew he hadn't gone full reaper on him.

"but i wanted to see all of you." jimin pouted, making yoongi want to look elsewhere.

"and i can't help the fact that i'm dangerous like that." his scruff, deep voice was oddly soft and, strangely, apologetic.

____
i feel like this story got hella emo all of a sudden