046

046

THE thought had stumbled upon him without warning. it was forceful and loud and prominently bolded across my mind and vision in blocked font.

he, park jimin, was very fond of the grim reaper.

the epiphany was not short lived and was something that wreaked havoc on his brain throughout the week.

images of yoongi danced across his mind and invaded his thoughts.

hair that effortlessly swept across his delicate yet fierce features. eyes that mimicked emotion though seeming to no longer understand the concept of actually feeling.

and this got jimin thinking quite deeply.

he assumed min yoongi, the grim reaper, probably did not feel even the slightest bit towards anybody, whereas he felt every emotion so strongly.

a short breath of air escaped from between his lips. the action was the result of a physical pain that came with the realization that to yoongi, jimin was probably just another encounter he'd soon forget.

after all, he wasn't immortal the way yoongi was.

"jiminie, are you okay?" the uncertain voice of hoseok spoke up, snapping me out of my introspection. jimin quickly brought his gaze from my intertwined hands to his face. he glanced between hoseok and taehyung as he was brought back into recollection of his surroundings.

the light that strung in through the half closed blinds casted streaks of soft warmth across tae's hair, being that he sat closest to the window. hoseok, on the other hand, was almost shadowed in complete darkness from where he sat on the bed.

they were in taehyung's home this time around. the younger of the three had invited hoseok and jimin over for some boding time.

in the back of his mind, jimin knew tae mostly wanted to be near hoseok and would need an acceptable excuse.

that is where he come in.

jimin was his excuse. without him, hoseok most likely wouldn't be bothered with tae. he had no reason to be—jimin was the person he was to protect ultimately and that was his goal.

taehyung had his head resting on the white wall of his room as his face was tilted towards the window, basking in the minimal warmth.

the scene displayed was quite dismal.

they were sitting in the dark having not spoken a word. it seemed to be that everyone had something heavily weighed on their minds.

for reassurance, jimin let out a light laugh, making sure to let whatever worry was evident on his face to he washed away with a smile that rose to his eyes.

"i'm perfectly fine." the question 'why' lingered back on his tongue.

he knew why hoseok asked. the angel would always know when he felt distressed, whether he needed to read his mind for the information or not.

"i'm content." taehyung spoke up in a voice that was soft yet deep. with the baritone voice he claimed, words never felt harsh when they rolled of his tongue.

everyone was drawn in by kim taehyung; it was just a matter of time before they realized it.

maybe everyone but hoseok.

"literally no one asked you?" the angel screwed his face up into that of annoyance.

to this, tae huffed out a puff of hair that sent his bangs drifting upwards before cascading on his forehead in their rightful place.

"really, hoseok, you don't always have to be so antipathetic towards me. it hurts my feelings."

the mood was dreary. tae didn't feel like joking at the moment. he blamed it on jimin's current state of discomfort to which he didn't know the cause for, but could clearly make out by the expressions on his face.

hoseok's constant need to inform taehyung that he wasn't important wasn't helping the matter that no one was happy.

"i don't think of you're unimportant, tae," hoseok's head whipped towards the light casted boy, "i just think of you exiguously."

the statement wasn't one that held a hidden compliment. "is that supposed to make him feel better?" jimin frowned, perplexed.

"i'm just saying that my top priority is you, jimin. i have no time to put myself out there for others," hoseok brought his attention back to taehyung. however, he let his sentence pause for much longer as he watched the boy.

his eyes narrowed as he flicked over key parts of his face that the light seemed to focus on; the bridge of his nose and the birthmark at the tip of it, his lashes, his lips that were ajar by a centimeter.

"i don't mean to make you feel insignificant on purpose." he finished finally, his voice stern in hopes that the boy would understand where he was coming from.

jimin watched tae as he finally, but slowly, opened his eyes. he welcomed the light that was temporarily blinding, before briefly giving the angel a side eye.

he ignored hoseok, then. he didn't care for whatever mitigation he gave. he felt expendable in the angel's eyes, so why not just no longer be apart of his vision?

call him petty for it.

"chim," tae brought his full attention to jimin as he sat up off the wall, but still kept his distance from hoseok. "i'm hungry." and with that, his stomach rumbled deeply.

"me to," jimin brought his hand to his stomach with a few pats. "we should go out and eat. you know, stop wallowing in our despair." he cracked a small smile to lighten the mood.

"you know what they say," hoseok exclaimed animatedly, "when you're hungry, chicken is the best."

"who says that?" both boys asked in unison, screwing their faces up.

"namjoon." hoseok giggled, pulling himself up off taehyung's large bed. "and i know just the place that sells quality slightly flightless bird."

____
hella yoonmin interactions coming up i promise

lmao do chickens fly though like