017

017

"HOSEOK'S back."

the two boys were now in yoongi's penthouse, sitting at the bar. he'd debated all night telling namjoon about hoseok, but after pointless conversation, he couldn't help himself.

the younger of the two was silent for a few moments, letting the news register and settle within him. "why?" namjoon brought his glass to his lips and raised both eyebrows. he couldn't clearly remember the last time he and hoseok had met, which did bug him a little bit, but he tried to not make it evident.

a bitter snigger came from between yoongi's lips, "he's the pretty boy's guardian angel." he traced the rim of his shot glass with his finger, attempting to get his mind lost in the motion.

the silence crept back into the room as both boys kept their thoughts to themselves. namjoon wondered if this revelation meant he'd see the angel again. furthermore, he wondered if he even wanted to see him.

angels and demons never mixed quite well, and the white-winged creatures seemed to have a desire for slaying the darker-winged ones. of course, hoseok had to be different, he thought. it wasn't as if they never encountered each other as otherworldly beings. the last time they met, hoseok still radiated like the sun; he hadn't changed the way namjoon did—the way yoongi did.

"he asked about you and jungkook." yoongi's voice seemed more dead than usual, his words slightly slurring together, but not from the drinks he's consumed. yoongi didn't really know why he drank if he could no longer get drunk, but alas, the fact never stopped him.

this time, namjoon looked at his friend with curious eyes, "you talked to him?" a curt nod was given as a reply and soon was followed by a long, drawn out sigh. "twice, actually." yoongi still hadn't looked up from his finger and the glass. concentration laid heavy in his features and namjoon wondered what he was thinking so deeply about.

"he called me insane again." a mona lisa smile played on yoongi's lips and he let out a giggle, surprising namjoon, who didn't say anything about it. he hadn't heard yoongi giggle like that since before they turned, and neither of them kept track of how long ago that was.

"do you miss him?" namjoon's low voice came out slow and carefully, yet he knew the answer to the question. he was well aware that yoongi never stopped missing the other, and he probably never will.

"of course not." a lie. "that righteous, blinding ray of ultraviolet is but another being i'm probably not allowed to kill."

the scythe snickered at how yoongi chose to word the sentence and the description he gave hoseok.

"grim, we all know you're lying." it taunted, it's voice smooth and provoking.

"about wanting to kill him?" yoongi feigned clueless, "no, i literally want to kill everyone. it's like how you feel about seokjin." yoongi mentioned the warlock in hopes that his weapon, which he loved dearly but couldn't stand oftentimes, would become distracted.

"who is seokjin?" namjoon looked between yoongi and the scythe, which was propped upright against a rack hanging the cloak.

"a man who better hold onto his balls, because i'm coming for that ass." it's annoyance and anger was clearly voiced.

"balls aren't on the ass, babe." namjoon rolled his eyes, but knew what the blade meant otherwise.

"i wouldn't know, i have neither." the image of a shrug was casted into their minds given by the scythe. yoongi puckered his lips and made kissing sounds, "it's okay, i bet if you did, they'd be picture perfect." 

"like jimin's?" the melodic voice sounded in the room once again, rather than in their head.

"that is yet to be determined."

____
i always have what the scythe sounds like in my head and i hate that i can't describe it as well as i want loL