043

043

THE air was heavy and sticky with heat.

jungkook had no shirt.

currently glamoured to be unseen to the humans around them, jungkook, yoongi, and namjoon hung outside the front of a beachside club.

at somewhere around seven in the evening, the sun was beginning to set, casting hues of warmth along the sky and above the ocean. for a minute, namjoon had gotten lost in the scenery.

"if i had a choice," he began, "i'd want to be a fragment of the sky. the thought alone gives me a sense of longing and there's a yearning in my chest to be a part of it."

his two friends ignored him. at random times, namjoon would either get strangely philosophical or poetic on them. it was something they were used to.

yoongi's head fell back lazily on the worn brick wall that supported his weight. the hood of his cloak was pulled up and covering most of his face, his pale throat and prominent adam's apple being what stood out the most.

he weaved his scythe in a rhythmic groove in and out of his fingers.

his eyes lazily scanned the scene of girls half dressed and guys almost poisoned by alcohol. the three of them had decided to terrorize a new place on the most sketchiest and drug-crazed side of the coast.

surely, all the people high off of illicit and illegal possessions wouldn't be in their right minds to notice the chaos the three would cause.

as the sun set further, more people began to stream into the nightclub and yoongi finally smiled.

"it's dinner time boys." his grin was alarmingly wide and psychotic looking. the fangs he sported gleamed from the neon blue and green lights that shone above him. jungkook almost bounced in excitement as namjoon slung an arm over his shoulder and steered them towards the entrance.

inside, the building was styled in colors of the beach. teals, pinks, oranges, blues. retro and surf-like.

it wasn't a scene yoongi, nor either demons, would find themselves looking for willingly. but what it lacked in, the bountiful number of doped up people made up for it.

they split up, going to do their own thing. namjoon and jungkook, being that they were demons, handled matters different from yoongi. whereas yoongi devoured souls, they didn't.

but the two demons were different from each other as well. namjoon only liked to scare people, jungkook became a full on monster. he'd lure people in and most of the time they wouldn't make it back out alive.

making his way over to the stage, yoongi locked eyes with a boy near the dj. a smirk slowly appeared on his face as he neared the booth. he had his first target of the night.

"this area is restricted." the boy said as the dj spun records from beside him, not paying mind to the extra company. there were more people on the booth, though further to the back. yoongi glanced at the area that sat in, eyeing the lines of white on the low mahogany table.

"i just wanted to check out the equipment," he looked back to the boy. "i'm a producer." he explained briefly with closed smile.

he masked his form so that he looked more human; his tongue was normally shaped rather than snake-like, and his teeth were blunt and dull again. the boy nodded but still looked suspicious. to yoongi, this was all the more fun.

his scythe had morphed into a metal snake choker that clung to his neck. it caught the light enchantingly and the boy's eyes were drawn to the object several times, wanting to reach out and touch it.

"i'm yoongi." the reaper introduced, offering his hand to shake. "nice to meet you, i guess," the boy mumbled and took his hand, "i'm minjae." but yoongi didn't care much for his name. he'd still refer to him as 'appetizer' in his head.

"you can touch it, if you want." yoongi stepped closer, dropping his tone and batting his lashed slightly. to give hint to what he was talking about, he brushed the pads of his fingers along the cool choker.

minjae's gaze dropped to the reapers neck. he gulped noticeably and felt his heart rate begin to pick up. he wasn't sure why he felt entranced by the strange boy who said he wanted to check out the equipment, but was really checking out him instead.

either way, he took his offer and his fingers gently grazed over yoongi's neck and the metal choker.

"you dumb bitch," a voice rang in his head, startling him. it cackled and hissed. he looked up to yoongi with a worried expression, but only saw the other smiling kindly at him.

"you can't escape now, pretty boy." the voice called out again. it was distorted and carnal, but made his blood run cold when he noticed he was the only person hearing it.

he pulled away from yoongi, stumbling on his heels in the process. catching minjae's fall and pulling him back upright, yoongi pulled the boy into him. he could feel his pulse hammer through the grip he had on his wrists and tried to conceal his smile as his excitement began to skyrocket.

"you almost messed up dj johnny's set," yoongi cooed in disappointment and condescending.

he pulled minjae roughly closer to him and tilted his head down so his lips were close to his ears.

still in yoongi's tight grasp, all he could do was pathetically collapse against his chest. he felt the anxiety in him build up when yoongi took in a breath to speak.

"run." the reaper unclasped minjae's wrists. the boy tumbled backwards before catching a real glimpse of yoongi.

what was once a soft looking boy who had a shy smile was now someone drastically taller with soulless pits for eyes.

so the boy ran and yoongi chased.

______
welcome to 73.5 FM radio johnny's station