033

033

A few weeks had gone by until seokjin finally showed up again. it had completely gone from namjoon's mind when he left the shop that day. he was meaning to tell yoongi he found the warlock, but he soon forgot about the male when he was down the street.

namjoon was, once again, in the dimly lit pink and purple room standing across from seokjin. "shouldn't kookie be here, also?" he questioned. the warlock shook his head, his hair catching the light above him as if it were a lake under the sun. "i like you better. you don't piss me off." he offered a charming smile.

seokjin clapped his hands together, declaring business, and hopped on top on a table. "you have a debt to cash in," his eyes twinkled mysteriously. namjoon only nodded slowly in response, knowing he had to go through with what he agreed to.

"i want you to protect me." seokjin informed, watching the demon's face go through a mix of emotions.

confusion, annoyance, back to confusion.

"protect you from what?" he asked, and seokjin sighed loudly. "i've made a lot of people mad at me over the centuries. there is no need to go into detail, because they're all petty and can't take a joke—"

"turning someone into a weapon is a joke to you?"

seokjin paused, but not upset at namjoon for interrupting him. in fact, he was more intrigued by what the younger told him. "i'm not assuming that this is extensive knowledge and research," something teasing played behind the purple eyes of the warlock. "how do you know min yoongi and his insufferable companion?" he asked.

"because i'm also an insufferable companion." namjoon was casual and nonchalant in the way he spoke and shrugged his shoulders, but he thought that maybe it was a bad idea to have confessed he knew yoongi.

"you're friends?" the older didn't hide his interested and surprised tone. "i've never seen you with him before."

"are you implying that you stalk the grim reaper, seokjin?"

the strange banter only fueled the weird tension in the atmosphere between the two. "i meant in the past," seokjin cleared, and namjoon could've sworn he heard the warlock ask himself if all demons were idiots. 

"regardless," he continued, not feeling threatened to the fact that his bodyguard was a friend of the person—well, persons—he pissed off. "this is only an advantage i can fully carry out now. you can protect me from yoongi and his scythe, too." whereas seokjin saw this as a good idea, namjoon saw this as a bad one.

he knew yoongi would consider this a breach in their friendship and trust. yoongi could be quite the dramatic person, which, ultimately, made him think of hoseok.

"you can't refuse to serve me, namjoon." seokjin's voice dropped to something sinister, making the the younger look up.

"i've been in this life longer than you have, joonie,—" he couldn't figure out how the warlock knew his name "—those who oppose me don't live very long. plus, you promised."

the demon stared into the eyes of seokjin, noticing the purple deepen into a violet. he wondered just how long he's been alive if he was older than all three demons and hoseok included.

namjoon gave in, however, with a bleak nod.

"pleasure doing business with you," seokjin hopped off the table, and stood in front of the slightly taller male, "you can call me jin from now on." and with that, they shook hands.

____
serving it up gary's way