047

047

TAEHYUNG mussed his hands throughout jungkook's dark hair.

"easy, breezy, beautiful—"

"i will gut you right on this table." the demon threatened lowly, sending a cold look towards the warm boy.

it seemed as if wherever jimin went, everyone followed. once again, what was planned to be just a small hangout, turned into the whole squad showing up.

initially, it was only hoseok and jimin's best friend who was to gather and eat at the chicken based restaurant. yet, here the three sat, surrounded by a warlock, two demons, and the grim reaper.

"i could be into that." taehyung said in a shameless way that held some sort of pride. jungkook tried to hide his bewilderment at the boy's exclamation, but the red that flamed his neck was hard to go unnoticed.

jimin found it strange that he thought the demon blushing was cute. he also found it strange that he no longer felt apprehensive in the presence of such beings.

in fact, he felt eerily calm. yoongi sat beside him and their hands were tightly clasped together underneath the table. hoseok, of course, had knowledge to this. even if he wasn't sat beside jimin to clearly see the scene beside him, he'd have guessed it just from the boy's overall aura and stature.

a sense of serenity had washed over him and he pressed himself to not think too deeply about it.

off in the corner of the small restaurant was a television that hung in the nook of the room. it was displaying a news channel that held closed caption along the bottom of the screen.

absentmindedly, as he waited for his lunch, jimin was reading whatever tragedy had happened last week. his eyes went wide when he fully grasped the situation.

he put himself into a coughing fit as he gulped and took a breath at the same time. a burning sensation ran through the back of his throat as he tried to get himself to breathe regularly again.

hoseok patted his back worriedly as yoongi only sat back in his seat and snickered.

he didn't see why such a big deal was being made over jimin not knowing that he couldn't swallow and breathe at the same time.

"you're an asshole." jimin got out between coughs, directing the insult towards yoongi.

"what had you forgetting basic human sense and function?" the reaper quirked an eyebrow, amusement heavily laced in his voice.

jimin pointed to the television, directing everyone's gaze to what was being reported. "there was a murder-homicide at the beach bar." he said.

"what a fun weekend," namjoon sighed fondly, which gained the attention of everyone but yoongi and jungkook.

"you fucking didn't." seokjin's eyes darkened to a stormy purple, almost that of a smashed concord grape.

"hey," he held up his hands in defense, "i only toyed around a little. kookie and yoongi were the ones who took out the place."

"when did you become seokjin's bitch?" jungkook's nose upturned in distaste at his friend ratting him out.

"come at me like that again and i'll fuck you up like i did scythe." jin's fists clenched on top of the table as he glowered at jungkook who looked indifferent.

"wus good." one could faintly hear taehyung mumble from underneath his breath.

all was then forgotten when three plates of chicken was placed on the table.

"how many people did you..." jimin trailed off, not wanting to say the word. he was speaking lowly so that only yoongi could hear him. their hands were still wrapped in each other, and yoongi could feel the boy's pulse picking up just a little.

"only one." he sent a solacing smile towards jimin, ignoring the question of why he felt the need to lie at the back of his head, because he knew the answer.

he lied because if he told jimin the truth, his hand would be cold again.

if he told jimin the truth, the boy might become distant.

if he told jimin the truth, he might just be disgusted with himself for his volatile actions.

____
seriously. idk if there are mistakes and i'm too lazy to read 600 words rn

whoop there it is