006

006

HIS wings dragged behind him as he strode through the dark corridor. the walls were the harsh, jagged texture of a cavern's wall, also giving off the deep and rich smell of interior earth. the ground beneath him, however, was hard and stone, causing the heels of his dress shoes to click beneath him.

rather than his coat, he was wearing a high-end tailored suit. his hands were stuffed and resting in the pockets of his pants. surrounding him was darkness and almost full silence if it weren't for his shoes underneath him.

he knew he was nearing his destination when brassy jazz excitedly hummed in the distance. the corner of his lip lifted in recognition of the song's patterned.

as the music got louder, he saw the outline of a large door embedded into the wall. finally at the end of the long hall, he wrapped his hand around the brass knob and pushed.

he was instantly welcomed by warmth. warmth from the music, the creatures, and the atmosphere. stepping into the large room, many respectfully bowed their heads, others greeted him with words.

one in particular, shouted from a table by the bar. "yoongi," his voice was heard over the music and the chattering around the room.

making his way over to the shouting voice, he kept a smile from creeping onto his face. "my favorite reaper, how are you?"

"jungkook," yoongi sat across from him, "aren't i the only reaper you know?" he lifted an eyebrow, knowing the truth. jungkook, a young demon who kept mostly to himself, was only friends with few people.

"yoongi, aren't i the only demon you adore?" he answered back with a question, which yoongi always hated. "who keeps telling you such lies?" yoongi patted jungkook's hand in false sincerity. "i don't even really like you, kid." he clicked his teeth and curled his lips into a thin line before shaking his head in disappointment.

"why must you hurt me so?" as jungkook brought a joking hand to his heart, the music sped up into an even livelier tune.

yoongi was acquaintances with the Bones Boys on the instruments. when they'd play slower, more mellow music, he'd play the piano for them.

everyone went crazy for the grim reaper on the piano.

he and jungkook talked for a while, mostly about nothing in particular. "what have you been up to lately?" jungkook asked, having taken a sip from the dark drink in his glass. yoongi assumed it was some party mix of blood and something a little more fruitier from the sweet smell. "you know, the same old same old," yoongi waved his hand about nonchalantly.

"a little killing here, some soul suckin' there, terrorizing the humans, tippin' cows." yoongi recounted what he'd done in the past week. it was quite uneventful aside from one thing.

"and about park jimin?" jungkook knew about the 'one thing' yoongi failed to mention. the reaper's demeanor darkened in contrast to the environment around him. "watch yourself kookie," yoongi's voice was dark and song-like, deep and enchanting in a way that was chilling yet taunting, "cute little demons such as yourself still have boundaries." 

jungkook knew his place, even if he was friends with the older. yoongi was not to he disobeyed unless you wanted your insides to become your outsides—he'd even do so just for fun.

jungkook dropped the subject for now, but would bring it up later. after all, park jimin to min yoongi was just another mortal to play with for the time being.

___
comments always make me happy, so thanks to everyone who leaves them oml. i get butterflies wow

i'm so soft

also not proofread