039

039

JUST as jungkook had predicted, chaos unfolded. what was first a night of fun, soon turned into that of horror.

it started with the power shutting of, like every cliché horror movie known to man. the main circuit cut out along with the back up generator. the lights clicked off in rows and the music died down eerily.

the customers were confused as to what happened. there was no sign of a storm, and the faculty knew their bills were all paid. there ultimately was no reason for the electrical wiring to malfunction like this.

chatter erupted from the nearby tables and the wails of frightened children rang out. a hush soon flooded over the room when music started back up again.

this time, it was no longer songs from the eighties. in fact, it wasn't recognizable and could hardly be called a song. the music was warped and distorted with heavy sounds of chanting in the background. and if you strained your ears enough, you could hear faint hissing.

"what is this?" namjoon was the first to speak, his voice barely audible as he kept it down only for the booths occupants to hear. "we should leave." jungkook suggested and made a move to stand, but soon ducked back into the seat with his eyes wide and glowing.

jimin then noticed everyone's eyes began to glow. everyone but hoseok at least, but the angel looked well alert. jin's eyes, a deep shade of purple, flicked to namjoon and yoongi.

"they found me." his vague statement struck fear in taehyung and jimin. they both felt the strange need to know and not wanting know what was happening.

just as abruptly as the crowed died down did they start up again. shrieks of hysteria and screams of awakened fear spread throughout the room. the masses jumped from their seats and began to bustle around in sheer panic.

this caused the boys to stand up and try to find their way to the exit. namjoon had a tight grip on jin's hand as he sped away from the group at yoongi's instructions. the reaper ordered for jungkook to take taehyung away, and though hoseok at first opposed from leaving jimin with yoongi, he left with jungkook and tae.

"yoongi what's going on?" the younger's voice cracked as he held back tears. he was shoved to the side by some man dragging his daughter behind him.

everything was so dark and the figurines and dashing people looked menacing. if it weren't for the odd color of yoongi's eyes, jimin wouldn't know who he was near.

without answering his question, the reaper scooped up jimin and placed him on his back. he didn't want to lose jimin in the chaotic wave of people, and the only way he could think of keeping him close was with a piggy back ride.

however, this only drew attention to them, and jimin knew it. "put me down, me down." his small hands balled into fists as he banged on yoongi's shoulder. he kept on chanting the plea as he felt his breathing quicken and his heart drop at the large figures making their way towards the pair.

"please, grim, put me down." he cried out loudly.

yoongi, spotting sight of the figures approaching the two, sprinted in the opposite direction. jimin desperately wanted to close his eyes, but he couldn't. if he was going to get his life taken away tonight, he definitely wasn't going to coward out and shut his eyes.

he glanced back into the darkness. at first, all he could make out were the heads of people as the bobbed up and down in a frenzy. "faster, faster," he willed yoongi, nudging him more forward.

he saw them. he didn't know what they were, but the sight of them made his body turn to lead.

they were much darker than the black that currently engulfed the roller rink. their mass held a definition much different than that of a human, if that makes sense. the weight of their existence gave off waves of deep rooted hatred and it was so unnerving that jimin almost fainted.

the figures contorted and morphed, springing high to the ceiling and crashing back down to the floor, moving in and out of the crowd and furniture.

yoongi found an exit, but it already had people crowded around it as the tried to leave. the ring on his finger pulsed and it only intensified within the seconds they stood stationary. he knew that if they stayed put any longer they'd be captured.

his eyes spotted jungkook who shoved taehyung and hoseok out of a window. he ran to the spot, reaching it in less than seconds, not having time to feel bad when he heard jimin retch onto the grounf from behind him.

yoongi and jungkook pushed jimin through the small window, who landed on taehyung with a thud and a yelp. "get them out of here hobi." yoongi commanded and turned away with jungkook, not sparing the trio another glance.

jimin's heart lurched for several reasons. he hoped yoongi was safe, he was scared about the situation that had merely escaped from, and the nickname yoongi gave hoseok didn't sit right with him.

apparently, it also shocked the angel, because he stood with wide eyes for a moment longer than necessary. when he snapped out of his daze, he gathered tae and jimin into his arms and held them tightly.

"close your eyes, and no matter what, don't open them." he said. "you especially taehyung, because once you go blind i can't fix you." and for extra precautionary measures, he shoved taehyung's face into his chest. a muffled exclaim of surprise went unnoticed as a loud sound ripped through the air.

it was like a heavy blanket being dropped onto the floor. it sounded again and through jimin's closed eyelids he could see a hint of light and feel the warmth it emitted.

soon, the ground underneath him was no longer detectable. he refrained from squirming, presuming that they were flying and he didn't want to get dropped.

yet through all of this, the safety of yoongi was what he was mostly concerned for.

______
GRIM HAS A THOUSAND READS IM SO

also idk if there are mistakes in this chapter or not whoops